90% of all goods globally are transported through a container. The largest container vessels are 400 meters long and can transport more than 23,000 containers at a time. The container shipping industry is the backbone and enabler of global trade, but it is struggling. The industry suffers from operational inefficiencies as 50%+ of all container vessels globally are delayed coming into port, and key planning processes are done manually on a global scale. This results in high operational costs, lost revenue, and unnecessarily high greenhouse gas emissions. At Portchain, we work closely with our customers to reduce operational complexity and optimize planning through software and innovative analytics.
Portchain is an exciting fast growing tech company where you will work with an incredible team on applications with a truly global impact. We are therefore seeking a talented Full Stack Software Engineer to join our software engineering team that uses data, mathematical modeling, machine learning, and optimization to help our users get full transparency on their operations and make better decisions.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Lead the implementation of end-to-end features from specifications and designs
- Problem solve architectural decisions with the team
- Maintain quality and ensure responsiveness of applications
- Maintain code integrity and organization
- Understand and follow security and data protection best practices
- 5 years minimum of professional experience in Software Engineering
- Experience with any or all of the following technologies: Node.js, React, TypeScript
- Good knowledge of technology across several domains
- Solid analytical and problem solving skills paired with the ability to develop creative and efficient solutions
- Proficiency in automated unit and integration tests
- Previous professional experience working remotely
- A deep understanding that we always have to navigate between the immediate impact of a feature and the technical debt incurred by its implementation. You are able to carefully weigh the pros and cons and make a choice in favour of the company and the team
- Energized by complex and creative individual and team problem solving
- Experience with Python
- Experience with building B2B and consumer quality products, enabling business capability and objectives through technology
Portchain (www.portchain.com) is a Danish startup founded in 2017 by three McKinsey alums with the goal to solve the hardest planning problems in container shipping through software and industrial analytics. We apply cutting-edge machine learning and optimization through an industry leading customer experience to container carriers and terminals to optimize their key planning processes and create a step-change in productivity.
Want to join our team?
If you think that you would be a good fit for Portchain and the role of Full Stack Software Engineer, please send your resume and a brief cover letter that explains why you would be a good fit at Portchain to [email protected] in order to apply.
Please let Portchain know you found this job on Himalayas. This will help us grow!
About this role
October 21st, 2021
Job posted on
October 23rd, 2020
Portchain is hiring for this role in the following timezones:
About the companyPortchain's AI planning solutions maximize utilization and capacity for terminals and carriers. We focus on solving the hardest planning problems in shipping.Work at PortchainAt Portchain the work envi...
We'll keep you updated when the best new remote jobs pop up.