Welcome to Himalayas. We value your privacy and work hard to protect the information you provide us. Himalayas (we, us, our) is the best place to find remote jobs in Australia.
1. How we collect your personal information
We will collect and hold your personal information in a fair and lawful manner, and not in an intrusive way. Where it is reasonably practical to do so, we will collect your personal information directly from you. We may collect the personal information you directly give us through some of the following means:
- when you make an inquiry or subscribe to our service through our website located at https://himalayas.app;
- in administering and performing any contracts with service providers;
- when you contact us via telephone or facsimile;
- from correspondence (whether in writing or electronically), including when you complete our online form, contact us through the Chat feature of our website or write to us by email or post;
- while conducting customer satisfaction and market research surveys;
- when administering any of our services; and
- as otherwise required to manage our business.
We may also collect personal information from publicly available sources and third parties, such as suppliers, recruitment agencies, contractors, our clients and business partners. If we collect personal information about you from a third party we will, where appropriate, request that the third party inform you that we are holding such information, how we will use and disclose it, and that you may contact us to gain access to and correct and update the information.
2. Types of personal information we collect
The type of personal information we may collect can include (but is not limited to), your name, email address, phone number, billing information, your device ID, IP address, statistics on page views, traffic, standard web log-in information, details of the services and provides you make enquiries about, and, if applicable, employment information. Where you do not wish to provide us with your personal information, we may not be able to provide you with the requested service.
3. Our purposes for handling your personal information
We collect, hold, use and disclose personal information to:
- offer and provide you with our services;
- manage and administer those services, including account keeping procedures;
- communicate with you about, including (but not limited to), the services you have sought;
- send you marketing or promotional information in relation to Himalayas;
- comply with our legal and regulatory obligations;
- consider your application for employment (if applicable); and
- otherwise to manage our business.
4. Disclosure of personal information
- Cloud service providers; and
- Payment system operators (such as Stripe).
5. Protection of personal information
We will hold personal information as either secure physical records, electronically on our intranet system, in cloud storage, and in some cases, records on third party servers, which may be located overseas. We maintain appropriate physical, procedural and technical security and information storage facilities so as to prevent any loss, misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure, or modification of personal information. This also applies to disposal of personal information. We further protect personal information by restricting access to personal information to only those who need access to the personal information do their job. Physical, electronic and managerial procedures have been employed to safeguard the security and integrity of your personal information. We will destroy or de-identify personal information once it is no longer needed for a valid purpose or required to be kept by law.
6. Direct marketing
Like most businesses, marketing is important to us. We believe we have a unique service that provides employees and employers great outcomes. We therefore like to stay in touch with customers and let them know about new opportunities. We may provide you with information about new products, services and promotions either from us, or from third parties which may be of interest to you. We will not disclose your personal information to third parties for marketing purposes without your consent. You may opt out at any time if you no longer wish to receive commercial messages from us. You can make this request by unsubscribing from all future marketing messages by following unsubscribe links included in each marketing email or by contacting our Privacy Officer.
8. Links to other websites
8. Accessing and correcting your personal information
You may contact our Privacy Officer to request access to the personal information that we hold about you and/or to make corrections to that information, at any time. On the rare occasions when we refuse access, we will provide you with a written notice stating our reasons for refusing access. We may seek to recover from you reasonable costs incurred for providing you with access to any of the personal information about you held by us. We are not obliged to correct any of your personal information if we do not agree that it requires correction and may refuse to do so. If we refuse a correction request, we will provide you with a written notice stating our reasons for refusing. We will respond to all requests for access to or correction of personal information within a reasonable time.
9. Overseas transfers of personal information
10. Resolving personal information concerns