- Identify long-term technical challenges across a broad range of areas, from distributed systems, to batch processing and data storage services
- Lay the groundwork to scale the technology and business of new issuing business models
- Advise Stripe leadership on key technology and product roadmap considerations
- Align our technical decisions with Stripe’s broad strategic initiatives, while also advocating for needs specific to emerging new businesses
- Work with engineers across the company to understand when existing infrastructure can be leveraged vs. when building a bespoke solution is prudent
- Develop and execute against both short- and long-term roadmaps. Make effective tradeoffs that consider business priorities, user experience, and a sustainable technical foundation
- Teach and mentor both individual contributors and managers to become the next generation of leaders at Stripe. As a senior member on a new team, you will be looked to for guidance.
You may be a fit for this role if:
- You have a strong technical background, including 10+ years of experience designing and engineering large-scale systems
- You have a track record of directing technical investment in new products, allowing them to grow from fledgling efforts into thriving businesses
- You have served as the technical lead and defined the roadmap for complex projects spanning multiple teams and functions
- You measure your success in terms of business impact, not lines of code
- You internalize the best ideas from across the organization, humbly setting a vision that others are excited to get behind
- You work well cross-functionally and earn trust from co-workers at all levels. You are often cited as the inspiration for engineers that join your team
- Senior engineers feel they are able to learn from you. You care deeply about mentoring and growing engineers
- You prefer simple solutions and designs over complex ones, and have a good intuition for what will last and scale
- You enjoy working with a diverse group of people with different areas of expertise. Engineering works closely with a variety of teams: Sales and Support to better understand our customers’ needs, Legal and Accounting to understand how global policies influence our card issuing infrastructure, etc.
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.
Please let Stripe know you found this job on Himalayas. This will help us grow!
About this role
May 7th, 2021
Job posted on
December 15th, 2020
Stripe is hiring for this role in the following timezones:
About the companyStripe is a software platform for starting and running internet businesses. Millions of businesses rely on Stripe’s software tools to accept payments, expand globally, and manage their businesses onlin...
We'll keep you updated when the best new remote jobs pop up.