Himalayas for job seekers waitlist
We’re working hard on job seeker accounts. You’ll be able to create a profile to highlight your skills and preference and receive personalized job recommendations. We’ll even highlight your profile to top remote companies searching for your specific skills. So you can sit back and have companies reach out to you. All for free.
Significant performance improvements
We’ve significantly improved our site speed and infrastructure stability.
We now use Render's autoscaling feature to increase or decrease the number of services we run based on average CPU and/or memory utilization. Autoscaling means we can handle increased load automatically without overprovisioning services during periods of lower demand. As instances increase, Render evenly distributes network request traffic to the various services to ensure a faster and more consistent experience.
We also started leveraging Redis for caching. Redis is a fast, open-source, in-memory, key-value data store.
Redis data resides in memory, enabling low latency and high throughput data access. Unlike traditional databases, in-memory data stores don't require a trip to disk, reducing engine latency to microseconds.
Redis helps us support an order of magnitude more operations and faster response times for users. We use Render's Managed Redis product.
In addition to autoscaling and Redis, we invested in Cloudflare Pro to improve how we serve images. We use Cloudflare Polish for lossless image optimization and Cloudflare Mirage to accelerate image loading
Other fixes and improvements
- Switched image hosting to S3
- Updated pagination and breadcrumbs styling
- Improved image quality on home page
- Improved visibility of footer column headers
- Changed highlight color on site
- Fixed issue causing new invites to clear existing fields
- Minor padding updates for 404/500 pages
- Removed hover state on badges that don’t link to anywhere
- Removed unnecessary pagination border on company jobs pages
- Fixed issue causing internal error when previewing jobs
- Prevented overscroll on dropdown lists in Chrome, Firefox and Edge
- Saving a job as draft no longer counts as completing the ‘post a job’ task
- Improved transition of filter slideover on mobile
- Added empty states to dropdown lists and tech stack page
- Skill, category, and market dropdown lists now allow you to select multiple items easily
- Truncated long email addresses in Himalayas Recruit