We are diligent about solving hard problems and are not afraid to challenge conventions or question the status quo. If our ambitions aren't terrifying, we aren't pushing ourselves enough.
What you’ll do here:
- Manage the execution of product feature initiatives and programs with oversight throughout entire initiation, planning, and execution to ensure success as defined by adherence to standards of scope and timeline
- Foster self-governance and accountability within feature teams while maintaining the information flow from team to Stakeholders
- Collaborate with engineering on process and technology decisions to create a high-performing team environment to accelerate delivery
- Ensure updates, milestones, and changes are tracked and communicated to stakeholders for assigned projects
- Proactively solve day-to-day problems and exercise good judgment, including the determination of when to escalate issues
What you’ll need to thrive:
- Experience: 2+ years of experience managing the delivery of software development projects & 2+ years experience as an agile project manager/scrum master leading execution of complex software systems from inception to release, including definition and coordination of cadence-based deployments\
- Tools: Experience with JIRA, Confluence, and Roadmap tools
- Credibility: Education, credentials, and/or experience demonstrating a strong understanding of web and mobile technology
- Integrations: Familiarity with API design and the architecture of distributed systems
- Analytical: Impressive problem-solving, critical thinking skills, business acumen within the SaaS industry
- Timely: Ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities
- Team-Mentality: Ability to be a team player and work with other management leaders
- Strong Communicator: Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills across both technical and nontechnical teams
- Bonus Points: Prior experience at a tech start-up | Strong knowledge of Agile principles and tools with an advanced Agile certification (CSM) | Solid technical writing chops | Knowledge of GraphQL | Experience with online payment processing | Some background in programming, ideally using 3rd party APIs
Within 1 month you’ll...
- Graduate from Boulevard’s platform training course
- Serve as scrum master across 2-3 feature teams owning all agile ceremonies & artifacts
- Audit and evaluate current Agile tools (Jira, Confluence, etc.) and propose improvements
- Embed yourself within the engineering feature teams and begin to understand skill sets of each team’s roster
- Familiarize yourself with the backlog for each team and the larger product roadmap for 2021
Within 3 months you’ll…
- Track agile metrics across the 2-3 feature teams you lead which will inform team velocity and initiative planning
- Become intimately familiar with our tech stack (FE and BE)
- Lead execution of multiple feature initiatives of various scope
- Audit current team structures and overall team health
- Own bug triage setting severity and assignment across your feature teams
- Establish a communication strategy for team and project health to stakeholders
After 5 months you’ll...
- Own release management across feature teams, defining cadence and scope of every deployment
- Be a key part of a growing team with potential leadership opportunities
- Show a clear, scalable path to effectively address our future roadmap needs
- Expand your knowledge for your own career development and work on countless opportunities that have a meaningful impact to the business’ bottom line
In addition to the wonderful people you’ll get to work with (meet some of them here!) and challenging projects that’ll push you - Boulevard is here to make sure you’re always at the top of your game emotionally, mentally, and physically.
Please let Boulevard know you found this job on Himalayas. This will help us grow!
About this role
October 13th, 2021
Job posted on
January 12th, 2021
Boulevard is hiring for this role in the following timezones:
About the companyBoulevard was founded with the fundamental belief that personal care should be convenient for all. Our mission is to maximize potential for salons and spas, as well as the clients they serve. Developed...
We'll keep you updated when the best new remote jobs pop up.