The offline data platform teams own the infrastructure that ingests business data, processes it, and makes it available to a wide variety of partner teams. This platform empowers everything from ML-based customer-facing products to payment reconciliation to financial reporting. Our stack must meet an extremely high bar for security, privacy, and reliability.
We’re looking for people with a strong background (or interest!) in data platforms. We’d love to hear from you whether you’re a seasoned developer, or whether you’ve just learned you might like building systems that run data pipelines.
- Design, build, and maintain core infrastructure used by all of Stripe’s engineering teams
- Debug production issues across services and levels of the stack
- Plan for the growth of Stripe’s infrastructure
- Build a great customer experience for people using your infrastructure
- To get a concrete idea of what projects you might work on here, see the “Projects you could work on” section.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has experience and interest in working on systems like Hadoop, Spark, Presto, Iceberg, and Airflow
- Thinks about systems — their edge cases, failure modes, and lifecycles
- Knows their way around a Unix shell
- Can debug complex problems across the whole stack
- Focuses on the needs of our users, both internal and external
- Holds themselves and others to a high bar when working with production
- Has a metrics driven approach and can make informed decisions using data
- Is able to write high quality code in a programming language (e.g. Java, Scala, Go)
- It’s not expected that any single candidate would have expertise across all of these areas.
For instance, we have wonderful team members who are really focused on their customers’ needs and building amazing user experiences, but didn’t come in with as much systems knowledge.
Projects you could work on:
We have a ton of important work to do, which is why we’re hiring! Our projects are of course changing all the time, but here are a few projects either that we’ve done in the past, so you can get an idea of the types of work we do.
- Enable faster and robust production snapshotting of our data increasing our security and enabling users to more heavily rely on our platform
- Design and execute on scalable solutions to securing our data’s vast s3 surface area
- Refresh our component lineup by standing up Presto as our query engine. This enables us to robustly achieve a higher volume of queries to empower Stripe’s business
What’s it like to work at Stripe?
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.
Please let Stripe know you found this job on Himalayas. This will help us grow!
About this role
August 18th, 2021
Job posted on
January 26th, 2021
Stripe is hiring for this role in the following timezones:
About the companyStripe is a software platform for starting and running internet businesses. Millions of businesses rely on Stripe’s software tools to accept payments, expand globally, and manage their businesses onlin...
We'll keep you updated when the best new remote jobs pop up.