Who you are:
RealCrowd is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our growing product and engineering team as we expand into our next phase. You will be responsible for a variety of engineering tasks related both to existing products, including our real estate investment marketplace as well as future products and will be given the opportunity to provide input and influence the technical stack that will be the foundation for our new products and services.
- Participate in technical planning & requirements gathering phases including design, code, test, troubleshoot, and document engineering software applications.
- Provide reasonably accurate estimates to assigned tasks
- Responding quickly to production issues
- Communicate statuses of ongoing tasks
- Collaborating with fellow engineers (and other stakeholders) to complete projects as quickly as possible
- Continually improve our users' experience.
- Ensure deployment of quality code to production.
What we’re looking for:
- 7+ years of software development experience
- Experience with multiple product technical stacks (Microsoft .NET a major plus)
- Experience with relational databases (Microsoft SQL Server a plus)
- Experience with cloud infrastructure (Microsoft Azure PaaS a plus)
- Experience with web development (Microsoft ASP.NET and ASP.NET Core a plus)
- Experience in a small agile startup environment with shifting responsibilities
- Any product experience in finance or a highly regulated industry a major plus
- The entrepreneurial spirit that thrives in a fast paced and growth oriented company
What success looks like:
Success for a Senior Software Engineer is contributing at every step of the software development lifecycle while managing assigned tasks and communicating their status. You need to be able to balance both independent work while also collaborating with fellow engineers and stakeholders. It also means successfully navigating the challenges of implementing new systems and processes in a fast paced environment with shifting requirements as well as maintaining an established product line. The role will work with the entire product team to provide secure and stable products and services to all stakeholders internal and external. We are seeking someone with an entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for technology to help us build the future of real estate investing.
While we are currently operating in a totally remote environment during the current COVID-19 health crisis, we anticipate assembling our team once again in the Portland, Oregon area in the future. Relocation is not a must, but an openness to the conversation is a plus.
Please let RealCrowd know you found this job on Himalayas. This will help us grow!
About this role
August 25th, 2021
Job posted on
January 5th, 2021
RealCrowd is hiring for this role in the following timezones:
About the companyRealCrowd is a company dedicated to providing investors access to institutional quality real estate investments. Our main product is our direct investment marketplace for retail high net worth investor...
We'll keep you updated when the best new remote jobs pop up.