is on a mission to pioneer a new model of accessible higher education with no upfront costs and where the school invests in the students instead of the other way around. We are rethinking learning so that we can address the needs of both students and employers in tandem. We’re a progressive alternative to traditional college and fast track bootcamps. Lambda is an intensive program and an immersive live, online curriculum that teaches people the hard and soft skills they need to launch a new tech career. We offer both full time and part time courses to our students.
Lambda has successfully completed funding rounds with premier tier venture investors and we have students in almost every State across the United States. We’re looking for passionate, talented people who want to change the way the world thinks about higher education and unlock human potential, regardless of circumstance.
If that sounds exciting to you, let’s talk. Our success depends on building teams who can challenge each other's assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, we don’t just accept differences – we celebrate them. Lambda School welcomes a diverse pool of applicants, including those from historically marginalized groups and non-traditional backgrounds who can appreciate the diverse student communities that we serve and are looking to grow into. This includes women, people with disabilities, people of color, formerly incarcerated people, individuals who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and/or gender nonconforming, first and second generation immigrants, veterans, and people from different socioeconomic backgrounds.
The primary goal of the Lambda School Experiential Learning (X) program is to prepare students for a successful technology career by giving them the experience of designing, implementing and delivering software products in a highly collaborative work environment. As a member of the Student Products team, you’ll focus on creating an exciting and productive working environment for Lambda School students.
You’ll be a member of the Student Product Leadership Team, which consists of Product Managers, Engineering Managers, Data Science Managers and Design Managers as well as student Product and Project Leads.
In this role, you’ll support student product teams across our Build Weeks and Labs programs. Student product teams typically consist of 6-10 students in both our web and data science programs. Students collaborate with each other to build software using the knowledge they’ve acquired throughout their Lambda School journey.
Our goal in X is to educate students in the practice of designing, implementing, and deploying end-to-end software products inside of a cross-discipline product development team.
In addition to directly supporting students, you’ll have an opportunity to facilitate live guided projects, develop curriculum, as well as implement internal projects supporting our operations. You should be comfortable suggesting and implementing new ideas that improve the quality and integrity of the school. You understand that there are always new opportunities for improvement and ways to elevate our standards.
What you'll do:
- Train and guide Build Weeks and Labs students to demonstrate, discuss and refine their engineering skills in a diverse and highly-collaborative team environment
- Collaborate closely with Labs Product Managers to discover new opportunities for student projects
- Continuously improve the Labs product and project frameworks to help instruct students on how to best work within a multidisciplinary team
- Hold regular office hours to meet with students for targeted support
- Collaborate with colleagues from across Lambda School on cross-functional initiatives to improve student experience and outcomes
- Design, develop, deliver and refine the X curriculum
- Report on student progress and success throughout their Lambda School journey
What you'll need:
- If your highest education is High School Diploma or GED, you are required to have 5+ years of working experience in the field of software engineering
- If your highest education is a College Degree (proof required), you are required to have 3+ years of working experience in the field of software engineering
- At least 5 years of experience programming in Node.js
At least 5 years of experience programming in React
- At least 1 year of experience with data science (e.g. machine learning, data analytics, etc)
Lambda School is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, familial status, domestic violence victim status, veteran or military status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Lambda School is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. Please let us know if you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability.