Our investors include Sequoia Capital, Accel Partners, Google Ventures, Jay-Z, Kevin Durant, and Robert Downey Jr. We were recently listed as one of the best places to work in 2021 by Built In, CNBC's 100 startups to look out for, and featured on Forbes for being one of Sequoia Capital's key investments. We are growing quickly and looking for passionate people to protect the next million families.
- Prepare journal entries, reconciliations, and analyses in accordance with U.S. GAAP and internal company policies.
- Consistently meet month-end close deadlines for assigned tasks
- Support month end/ quarterly / year end operations, AP, Cash, credit card management, and support ad hoc projects as needed
- Perform operational accounting tasks to support overall business, including distributing partner commission statements, coding invoices, reconciling vendor accounts, bank accounts, and monitoring corporate credit card transactions
- Develop and maintain documentation of current accounting policies
- . Support other accounting team members by researching accounting issues
- Experience in Audit, support year-end financial statement audit by preparing work papers and working directly with big 4 external auditors
- Participate in special projects to review and improve control environment and drive efficiencies
- Partner with the Finance team to analyze historical results and improve information quality
- 3-5 years of relevant transactional accounting, industry experience, or Big 4 audit experience (preferred)
- Solid understanding of U.S. GAAP
- Self-starter and self-motivated to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Organized, detail-oriented, and deadline-driven
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and experience in working with stakeholders across all levels within cross-functional teams
- Strong Excel skills (V look ups, Pivot Tables) and ability to work with large data sets
- Education: B.A./B.S. in Accounting or Finance from an accredited college or university. CPA or CPA candidate considered a plus
Everyone is welcome at Ethos. We are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusion and look for applicants who understand, embrace and thrive in a multicultural world. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the SF Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment for qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records.
Please let Ethos know you found this job on Himalayas. This will help us grow!
About this role
August 16th, 2021
Job posted on
March 8th, 2021
Ethos is hiring for this role in the following timezones:
About the companyEthos provides modern, ethical life insurance to protect the life you're building and the people you love. Ethos is built for people who don't have time for fine print, extra doctors appointments or hi...
We'll keep you updated when the best new remote jobs pop up.