What you'll do:
- Be a model and mentor for writing well-architected, well-tested and easy to understand services in Go that help our customers easily send timely & relevant messages at scale
- Apply your unique perspective to help us define and build the next generation of features and infrastructure needed to help our customers and our company to flourish
- Work with our tech support teams to diagnose operational issues and help our customers to achieve their goals with our product
- Take an active role in a friendly supportive team that encourages you and the entire company to grow as individuals, professionals and teams
- Mentor your coworkers through code review, pair programming, team collaboration, and training to help improve our collective knowledge and best practices together
What we're looking for:
- A collaborative mindset backed by excellent communication skills and a desire to help us make great decisions in an empathetic and respectful way
- Experience working with customers and applying a deep understanding of their needs to produce timely solutions to their real-world problems
- A solid understanding of problems of scalability and experience building out performant distributed applications on cloud infrastructure.
- Comfort working in UNIX environments and applying modern collaborative development practices.
- Proficiency in Go
- Experience in working with RDB systems, preferably MySQL
- Ability to deliver high quality solutions quickly and without mentorship
- Experience working within a distributed company is preferred
Our mission at Customer.io is to power automated communication that people like to receive. Today over 2,300 internet businesses use Customer.io to manage, send, and track performance of email, SMS, and push notifications. Unlike typical marketing platforms, Customer.io helps businesses increase relevance by using behavioral data: what people do or don’t do when logged in to a web or mobile app.
- 20 days PTO - we offer 20 vacation days (in addition to holidays and sick days) so that you can unwind, unplug, and recharge
- 100% medical, dental, vision, and supplemental insurance for you and your dependents
- 12 weeks paid parental leave - for birth, adoption, or foster care
- Health and wellness allowance - Up to $200 USD per month that can be used for your healthy living needs, including gym membership, acupuncture, massage, or bike repairs
- Home office stipend - Up to $2,000 USD to help you get your home office set up so you can do your best work
- Internet + cell phone reimbursement - Up to $200 USD per month for your internet and cell phone plans
- Co-working space reimbursement - Up to $300 USD per month for those times you'd prefer to work in a co-working environment
- Learning + development - Up to $2,000 USD reimbursement per year to use on conferences, books, classes, or workshops - anything that will help you develop your skills
- 1 month paid sabbatical after four years at Customer.io - to treat yourself to a vacation, or spend however you choose
- Company retreats twice a year - we typically get together IRL every spring and fall, but most recently had an amazing virtual retreat!
- Flexible schedule, work anywhere you want! - as long as you have a reliable internet connection and some overlapping work time with your manager, you can work where and when you want
All final candidates will be asked to complete an employment and education verification authorization form (which allows us to verify your job history and education listed on your resume) as part of our pre-employment process.
How to apply
Apply at the link below and tell us why you're interested in the position! In your cover letter, be sure to tell us the title of the last book you read. There is no advantage to applying early so put your best foot forward. We plan to respond to all applicants by February 1 with a status update about your application.
- 30 minute video call with our Recruiter & Onboarding Specialist
- 45 minute video call with the Hiring Manager
- 45 minute video call with two potential teammates (PM and/or Eng)
- Project scenario call with PM & Engineer
- Final Interview
Please let Customer.io know you found this job on Himalayas. This will help us grow!
About this role
October 13th, 2021
Job posted on
February 8th, 2021
About the companyCustomer.io is a versatile marketing automation tool for sending relevant messages based on behavior across web and mobile products. Impersonal messages lead to bad experiences. That’s why we use rea...
We'll keep you updated when the best new remote jobs pop up.