What you’ll do
- Work independently and collaboratively on exceptional concepts, creative ideas, and visual design for marketing campaigns to promote our brands across various digital and traditional channels and mediums
- Actively evolve and contribute to brand and marketing design systems, creative templates, and style guides to help our brand design team grow our skills and scale our practice
- Work closely with the marketing and business teams on the development and validation of projects directly related to growing the business.
- Collaborate regularly with engineers and product designers to ship consistent, high-quality experiences across marketing and product.
- Manage and oversee project work with external creative contractors.
- Communicate and share often in written, verbal, and visual forms to create alignment and move the work towards implementation.
What we are looking for
- Extensive experience in brand and marketing creative design working on consumer brands or products in an agency or in-house environments.
- A design portfolio with examples of brand and web design work showing your keen eye for good design and attention to detail.
- Proactive attitude in leading big design changes and being comfortable to challenge the status quo.
- Ability to take projects from creation to final execution, managing and prioritizing multiple projects with various stakeholders.
- Strategic problem-solving skills and a capacity to switch between creative storytelling and systems thinking.
- Experience creating or working with existing illustrations is a plus.
- A genuine interest and familiarity with some of our products and the open-source community.
- Familiarity with remote work (or excitement to try it!).
How we work
- We’re kind to each other and our users – we strive to build a positive, supportive, and inclusive culture of cohesive teams focused on delivering value to our customers.
- We have no set hours, or expectation that you’re online from 9 to 5. You create a schedule that allows you to get your best work done.
- We travel sometimes to meet up and work together.*
- We welcome collaboration, and you can be involved in any discussion across our many communication channels. Here’s more about what we expect from ourselves.
*REGARDING COVID-19 AND TRAVEL: The current pandemic is a rapidly changing situation. Automattic is monitoring government and health agency reports closely, and responding however possible to prioritize safety and well-being for our team members and communities. Currently all company travel has been suspended.
DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION AT AUTOMATTIC
HOW TO APPLY
- Tell us why you’re interested in working at Automattic.
- Tell us briefly about a relevant design accomplishment you are most proud of, and why?
Please let Automattic know you found this job on Himalayas. This will help us grow!
About this role
October 23rd, 2021
Job posted on
April 3rd, 2021
About the companyWe are the people behind WordPress.com, WooCommerce, Jetpack, Tumblr, and more. We believe in making the web a better place We’re a distributed company with more than 1100 Automatticians in 65+ count...
We'll keep you updated when the best new remote jobs pop up.