- Awarded Built In’s “2021 Best Places to Work”
- Awarded America’s Hottest Brands of 2020 by AdAge
- Announced an exclusive partnership and integration with Chase Pay & Ultimate Rewards and WineDirect
- Won Chicago Tribune's "Game Changer" Award for industry innovation
- Reached a global customer base of 30 countries operating in 200+ cities
- Processed over $1 billion in prepaid reservations
- Featured in: New York Times, Bloomberg, GQ, Vice, Wired, Food & Wine, Eater, Skift Table, Chicago Tribune, Crain's Chicago Business, New York Post, and more
- Named one of 2019's 50 Startups to Watch
About the position
What we’re looking for
- You will be building the next-generation web applications that are fast and responsive using modern HTML5, ES6 standards
- You will be able to build a feature or enhancement, starting with design & engineering taking it all the way to production
- You will be a generalist who will work on multiple products as needed, whether it is our customer-facing dashboard or guest-facing consumer site
- You’ll write and push production-ready HTML, CSS, and JS within our React based framework.
- Experience with TypeScript, SASS, Node.JS would be a plus
- You’ll contribute to core team culture and contribute code to efforts across a fast-growing company
- You’ll support, maintain and upgrade code and participate in necessary design and implementation of a complex system
- At least 3 years of experience building frontend software. Experience being a tech-lead is a plus
- Understand all parts of a modern web-based application stack from Frontend, Backend to Production
- A specialist in frontend technologies
- A self-motivated individual who works well with little direction
- Enjoys being part of a team that works and learns together
- Has excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Prefers to experiment and use data to drive decision making
- Loves making and building things as part of a growing team
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Full benefits (medical, dental, vision), 401k
- Paid time off
- Paid parental leave
Learn about Tock and their company culture.
Tock was founded in 2014 but the idea originated years before out of a simple frustration. Nick Kokonas and Chef Grant Achatz opened Alinea to international fanfare in 2005 - now a perennial Michelin three star and widely considered one of the best restaurants in the world. For years they were spending $140,000 a year on staff dedicated to managing reservations and losing an average of $260,000 a year on cancellations. Convinced there had to be a better way, Nick started work on a crude ticketing system. The homemade platform was a success. Soon after Nick founded Tock with Brian Fitzpatrick, founder of Google's Chicago engineering office, to turn this simple idea into a robust product complete with all the tools a restaurant needs to succeed.
We are an extremely passionate group dedicated to changing the world of restaurants. Maybe that sounds crazy but we've amassed a team capable of making it happen.
Learn about the technology and tools that Tock uses.
About this role
November 23rd, 2021
March 10th, 2021