What you'll do:
- Own month-, quarter-, and year-end close process & provide timely, accurate, and comprehensive financial reporting
- Identify & implement improvements to finance processes to help us scale. We want you to help us systematize our accounting organization
- Design, implement, and manage policies and procedures with respect to revenue recognition, A/P, A/R, payroll, month end close, and other accounting operations
- Plan, build, and enhance the financial operations an innovative company at the forefront of a new financial asset class
- Work with senior leadership on creating metrics to measure the performance of our ISAs, a measure of our students’ financial and job placement success post-program
- Own the relationship with our payment processor; build and maintain a best-in-class servicing offering with internal and external student-facing teams
- Manage and run internal cross-functional initiatives related to ISA contracts and repaymentBOD, investor, and senior leadership reporting, cross-functional initiatives
- Become an expert in our markets and the nascent ISA space, identify key corporate growth opportunities (organic and inorganic)
What you'll need:
- Minimum of 6 years in finance roles with increasing responsibility
- A strong financial background with a BS degree in business, accounting or finance
- CPA is preferred and Big Four public accounting experience highly desirable
- Experience managing and developing teams and building inclusive work environments
- Experience in scaling the financial operations of a startup to 100 people & beyond is desirable
- Be student obsessed and always a student
Lambda School is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, familial status, domestic violence victim status, veteran or military status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Please let Lambda School know you found this job on Himalayas. This will help us grow!
About this role
June 12th, 2021
Job posted on
February 16th, 2021
Lambda School is hiring for this role in the following timezones:
About the companyLambda School provides first-rate development education that's free until you get a job. Rather than pay upfront, students pay a portion of their income after they're hired. We provide everything you...
We'll keep you updated when the best new remote jobs pop up.