WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Support your squad vision and objectives with Product and Engineering partners
- Continuously collaborate with your Product Manager to ensure a full understanding of the problem, our customers and product vision
- Partner closely with Product, Engineering, and UX Research to design simple experiences that our customers love
- Independently define the goals of research projects and confidently run research and testing projects
- Design solutions for a wide range of problems; sometimes work on very broadly defined concepts, and sometimes on narrowly defined, tactical deliverables
- Craft every detail of new product features, from idea to UX to pixel-perfect execution. Work to improve the experience for existing product features
- Ensure design quality across your product area and produce designs that are visually cohesive with other products
- Use the Design System to produce elegant and simple designs
- Work closely with other product designers to evolve our design system intentionally as we scale
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- Outstanding product design skills with a strong portfolio showcasing your UX, interaction and visual design strengths
- Ability to own design projects end-to-end from concept to implementation
- Proficiency with facilitating and synthesizing user research and data
- Ability to collaborate strategically with UX Research, Product, and Engineering partners to drive and influence product decisions
- Ability to clearly convey ideas whether describing complex projects or delivering design critiques
- Experience with B2B SaaS products
- You are used to working with distributed teams across the world
- Highly proficient with Figma (our primary tool) or Sketch
- Passion for 15Five's Mission
WHO YOU ARE
- You're storyteller with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You engage in your own self-development and continuous learning to identify strategic growth areas that contribute to your success
- You're passionate about your craft and love creating beautiful, new things.
- You have a high level of comfort with ambiguity and moving quickly
- You care about the impact of the products you design, not just the outcome
- You're data-driven
DESIRED IMPACT BY 3 MONTHS
- Complete job-specific training for your role and understand expectations for your role
- Get to know the key partners on your squad and build the foundation for a strong relationship
- Deepen knowledge around your squad's features, best practices, and research
- Understand your target-customer needs and behaviors
- Design delightful solutions that leverage the Design System and incorporate feedback from your peers, squad and customers
DESIRED IMPACT BY 6 MONTHS
- Regularly design and ship new features or enhancements with your squad
- Contribute to the design discipline, proposing ways to improve processes, tools, and content
- Deepen knowledge around 15Five’s product, best practices, and design as a whole
DESIRED IMPACT BY 12 MONTHS
- Deepen understanding of and relationships with target customers
- Serve as a key player in your squad to drive the roadmap forward
- Contribute towards the future vision and roadmap for your key functional areas
- Impact customers via NPS and other key engagement KPIs through major squad initiatives
- Discover your Zone of Genius and embody your best self
SAMPLE WEEK IN THE LIFE
- Monday: Start the week with the company Boost to hear important announcements, review squad priorities and sync with your PM for the week, then dive into deep work on squad projects.
- Tuesday: Join the weekly design crit to discuss and share in-progress designs, then spend the day doing deep work based on feedback or other work related to your design projects.
- Wednesday: Meditate with your co-workers at the company Boost and listen to this week's presentation, then join or facilitate a research session to inform a round of design iterations. Spend the afternoon in a portfolio design jam / pair design session.
- Thursday: Spend your day focusing on refining designs that need to be ready before the next sprint. Meet with Engineering partner to review solution brief for an upcoming project. Meet with your Manager for your 1-1.
- Friday: Kick-off the day with Design Team Happy Hour followed by our company-wide 'Question Friday'. Review priorities and discuss with your PM what needs to get done by end of day, address those items, write your 15Five, and wrap up with a virtual coffee with a colleague
15FIVE UNIVERSAL ATTRIBUTES
- Open to vulnerability, self-reflection, and candid feedback to grow personally and professionally
- Curious and committed to innovation, continuous learning, and growth
- Self-motivated, self-responsible, and self-accountable
Please let 15Five know you found this job on Himalayas. This will help us grow!
About this role
April 30th, 2021
Job posted on
January 13th, 2021
15Five is hiring for this role in the following timezones:
About the company15Five is a leading people and performance platform that instantly upgrades each and every manager. Combining employee engagement, continuous performance management, and manager effectiveness software ...
We'll keep you updated when the best new remote jobs pop up.