What you will be doing:
- Work with the following technologies: Kubernetes, Postgres, Kafka, Rabbit, Docker, AWS, Terraform, ELK and Grafana, Prometheus, GitLab and GitLab CI.
- Engaging with Podium's engineering community to identify potential areas of improvement or pain points and making Podium's systems safer and more pleasant to operate.
- Participating in an on-call rotation for the services the team owns, triaging and addressing production as well as development issues
- Working cross-functionally with different teams to make sure that there is no down time for our products
What you should have:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field or relevant work experience.
- 3+ years experience working alongside a production system in either a software engineer or systems engineer type role
- 2+ years deploying, operating and debugging server software on Linux
- Curiosity and the desire to learn
- Ability to take a rotating on-call shift
What we hope you have:
- Experience with distributed systems and microservices
- Practical knowledge of system design
- Cloud computing, such as AWS, GCP, or Azure
- SOC2, HIPAA, PCI, or other regulatory or compliance standards
- Building and maintaining a CI/CD pipeline
- Transparent culture
- Work in this building in Lehi, UT or fully remote
- Great opportunities for career growth
- If onsite, access to a stellar onsite gym with local professional coaches, morning and night classes offered
- Weekly free lunch, breakfast and smoothies
Please let Podium know you found this job on Himalayas. This will help us grow!
About this role
June 2nd, 2021
Job posted on
November 5th, 2020
About the companyPodium is a suite of messaging tools for local business. Using our platform, businesses of all sizes can connect with customers via text to do things like request payments, collect reviews, and sell pr...
We'll keep you updated when the best new remote jobs pop up.