Why would you want to work here?
- Opportunity to have a big impact on our growth and your career
- No red tape or pointless meetings
- Competitive base salary - top 10% in US; for this position the range is $156K - $169K
- Strong benefit package including a 401k with 6% match, health/dental/vision insurance for you and our family, funding for continuing education, paid parental leave, kindle + unlimited books, home office setup, company meetups, and 20 PTO + 10 sick days
- Solve challenging technical problems and put your skills to the test every day. We've processed over a billion emails; per month we send nearly 3 million text messages and handle 700k+ minutes of call time for tens of thousands of active customers.
- See a direct impact of your work and value you created for customers.
- Provide direct input on technical and non-technical decisions. Your opinion matters.
This role is for you if...
- You would describe yourself as patient, empathetic and having a good sense of humor.
- You’re independent, self-motivated and can stay efficient and productive without someone looking over your shoulder all day long
- You have superb written and verbal skills (with a professional yet fun demeanor)
- You are based in the United States (or similar time zone)
- You are happy to have direct communication with customers (we are customer driven).
Your qualifications include:
- Self motivated and proactive mindset.
- Remote work experience is required.
- Based in the USA, with a quiet home office with fast internet.
- At least 5 years of experience in web development.
- Expertise in back end technologies, we use PHP, Aurora MySQL, Postgres, Redis, to name a few.
- Strong understanding of RDBMS and SQL.
- Proficient understanding of Linux.
- Exceptional time management skills.
- Attention to detail and commitment to quality.
- Security conscious.
- Pragmatic decision making.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Develop and improve our application.
- Help fix issues with the application.
- Mentor other team members.
- Become familiar with our product and codebase.
- Pair with fellow engineers to gain knowledge about the system and how we work.
- Improve the new hire onboarding process, by being a part of it.
- Help address priority bugs
- Implement improvements for new and existing third party integrations.
- Implement new product features and improvements that deliver value to our customers.
- Improve how our product supports customers with larger teams.
- Implement improvements to the security of our app and customer's data.
- Assist in architecture improvements of critical product features
- Assist in performance improvements to our API.
Core Engineering Values
- Code Quality
- Focus and Prioritization
- Customer Driven
- Leadership Qualities
Apply for the job
Please let Follow Up Boss know you found this job on Himalayas. This will help us grow!
About this role
August 24th, 2021
Job posted on
January 21st, 2021
Follow Up Boss is hiring for this role in the following timezones:
About the companyWe make real estate lead conversion and sales follow up more efficient and automated resulting in our clients making more sales and having the capacity to grow their business in a calm and organized wa...
We'll keep you updated when the best new remote jobs pop up.