What You’ll Be Doing:
- Performing hands on technical work to directly improve the reliability, resiliency, and scaling of our IaaS,SaaS and PaaS product offerings and architecture.
- Contributing to research and tooling for monitoring and performance improvement to provide solid SLAs for our customers.
- Working with stakeholders to develop and implement reliability and performance metrics
- Facilitate DigitalOcean’s culture of learning by providing insight and recommendations for improvement
- Coaching teams and individuals on reliability best practices and solutions
- Working with other SREs and engineering leaders to define the architectures and practices that should be adopted in order to deliver on our engineering and operational goals
- Establishing best practices for development, architecture, deployment, and operations
- Working with peer SREs to improve services and processes (including architecture reviews, incident response, monitoring) in a cross-functional manner throughout the engineering organization
What We’ll Expect From You:
- Distinguished track record as SRE (or similar role) with hands-on experience implementing reliability, process, and scaling solutions
- Flexibility to get up to speed with a variety of diverse product focused teams
- History of fostering positive relationships with stakeholders and a track record of successful collaboration and coaching
- Clear communication skills (both written and verbal) to document processes and architectures
- Experience implementing disaster recovery best practices
- Developing robust solutions that facilitate streamlined resolution of customer inquiries through use of technologies for automation, deflection, and issue management
- Golang(or similar modern performant language and stack) with a broad understanding of the full technology stack for a modern infrastructure
- Advocate of effective development environments with the use of CI/CD tooling and configuration management technologies such as Chef or Ansible
Why You’ll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, and other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We care about your physical, financial and mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC, Cambridge and Palo Alto, we’re very distributed—we use a number of communication tools to connect across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Please let DigitalOcean know you found this job on Himalayas. This will help us grow!
About this role
November 21st, 2021
Job posted on
December 10th, 2020
DigitalOcean is hiring for this role in the following timezones:
About the companyFounded in 2012, and with offices in New York and Cambridge, MA, DigitalOcean provides the easiest cloud platform to deploy, manage, and scale applications of any size, removing infrastructure friction...
We'll keep you updated when the best new remote jobs pop up.