About Customer Engineering at CircleCI
CircleCI’s Customer Engineering organization’s goal is to make life easier for our customers and leave them with the “wow” experience of building and testing their applications with ease. Customer Engineering works with customers to understand their technical and business needs and requirements—from onboarding to implementation to scale. Customer Engineering currently comprises Customer Success Engineering (your team), Solutions Engineering (your pre-sales counterparts), and Support Engineering. There is opportunity for both horizontal and vertical growth and promotion within as well.
What you’ll do:
- Work closely with customers to help them setup CircleCI, both on circleci.com and in their own private cloud, including any custom setup they may need
- Partner with your Customer Success Manager to onboard and support our customers as well as act as the dedicated technical point of contact
- Be creative and scrappy in solving customer technical problems and answering customer questions
- Build best practices for onboarding across different technologies
- Act as the voice of the customer and use customer feedback to help Product and Engineering improve the product
- Code and commit relevant upgrades and changes to the CircleCI codebase
- Work closely with the Product and Engineering teams to improve the customer experience across the whole platform
- Become an expert on the CircleCI solution
What we're looking for:
- 3+ years of technical product support, engineering, or experience deploying software in the enterprise
- Experience working directly with customers to debug common errors
- You can tie business problems to technical solutions and understand technology value propositions
- Demonstrated and proven capacity to quickly absorb new concepts and technologies
- You have spent a decent amount of time using and scripting *nix
- Git and GitHub knowledge required
- You’ve developed and maintained an app or two in a high-level programming language
- You believe that the best way for all to succeed is to honestly discuss product and company abilities and limitations with customers
- Strong ops / infrastructure knowledge, especially networking and security
- Great relationship building skills and a good people person
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Experience with build, test, and deployment automation, either as a practitioner or in a customer-facing role
- Ability to troubleshoot networking issues that may prevent communication between different components
- Working knowledge of Docker or Linux containers
- Experience with popular web app frameworks (e.g. Rails, Django) and/or mobile app development (iOS, Android)
- Knowledge of Go and Clojure a plus!
- Experience using and automating a major IaaS like AWS, GCP, or Azure
- Management of autoscaling technologies (e.g. launch configurations in AWS)
- Familiarity deploying and debugging distributed systems. Familiarity with Nomad, specifically, a plus!
How to apply
If you’re interested in joining the team at CircleCI, please send a resumé and cover letter describing what inspires you and why you think you are a good fit for the team. If you contribute to an open-source project, write a blog, or have a presence on the web (Twitter, Quora, Linkedin, etc.) we would love to hear about it.
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the central hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools that processes more than 1 million builds a day, CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, Stitch Fix, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
Please let CircleCI know you found this job on Himalayas. This will help us grow!
About this role
August 16th, 2021
Job posted on
January 12th, 2021
CircleCI is hiring for this role in the following timezones:
About the companyCircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the central hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools ...
We'll keep you updated when the best new remote jobs pop up.