How a group of readers, writers, developers, designers and planners are bringing the ideas from the best nonfiction to some of the busiest people on the planet.
Almost none of us have the time to read everything we’d like to read. Yet we lose countless hours to activities that bring us little joy such as commuting, chores and staring at our phones. What if we could turn these little blocks of unallocated time into precious and rewarding moments for learning and reflection? Founded in 2012 by four friends, Blinkist now connects 6-million readers worldwide to the biggest ideas from bestselling nonfiction via 15-minute audio and text. So what makes us tick?
1. Creating a meaningful product
2. Humans before algorithms
3. Awards and wonderful teammates
4. Constant discovery
Who we are
We’re curiosity-driven readers, writers, designers, developers, and strategists from over 40 different countries.
What we do
Why we do it
We’re on a mission to inspire people to keep learning. In doing so, we lead by example.
What we value
These values are the foundation of our unique company culture:
- Default to Transparency: We share information freely with our colleagues to ensure clarity and alignment.
- Champion Self - Empowerment: We take the lead and accountability for our goals that serve the greater purpose and mission.
- Communicate Directly: We know that whatever the question, communication is the answer.
- Strive to Learn and Grow: We relish the chance to continuously grow and share what we’ve learned so that others can evolve, too.
- Support Each Other: We help our colleagues, treat them with respect, and celebrate their achievements.
- Leave Egos Behind: We put the team’s purpose before individual success.
- Embrace Failure: We dare greatly and learn from our mistakes. We take them as an opportunity to grow.
What we offer
- Free (healthy) lunch
- Enjoy delicious, healthy lunch made fresh everyday by our two chefs, Ed & Peter.
- Opportunity to have an impact
- Own your field and make key decisions that impact the future of the company.
- BVG Ticket
- Get yearly public transport passes to get around town hassle-free.
- Work from home
- Decide on your hours and work from home or remotely whenever you like.
- Take time to recharge
- Get 30 vacation days per year, national holidays on top!
- Phenomenal gaming culture
- We have won trophies for foosball. We’ve designed our own incredibly competitive Mölkky tournament. We are excellent at Werewolf, Avalon, and Exploding Kittens.
- Work environmentally conscious
- We track and take actions on our carbon footprints. Work with a company where climate action is seen as a responsibility, and act now, together with us.
We'll keep you updated when the best new remote jobs pop up.