WHAT HAVE WE WORKED ON RECENTLY?
- We’re building new ways to interact with WordPress. They’re simple, fast, and highly usable. They’re written in the latest web technologies and are used by millions of people. We want your help to expand our reach and keep our approach fresh.
- Gutenberg is a new block-level editor with clean abstractions for users, too, not just developers.
- WooCommerce is the most popular e-commerce platform on the web – with a number of growing functionalities around WooCommerce Shipping, WooCommerce payments and core.
- Tumblr is a microblogging and social network, in a short-form blog format, which now uses React. The Engineering blog covers a number of projects and improvements to the platform.
- Jetpack brings cloud-scale security, performance, and growth features to any WordPress site in the world.
- To view more of our recent work, check out our longer product list on Automattic.com.
- Have a passion for crafting experiences that users rave about.
- Are able to iterate and ship ideas quickly, within a highly collaborative yet autonomous team.
- Have experience with a server-side language such as NodeJS, Go, PHP, Ruby, or Python.
- WordPress programming experience.
- Experience using containers, Kubernetes, and Prometheus.
- Open source contributions.
- Contributions to programs designed to help underrepresented people enter the tech field.
- Experience and enthusiasm for building accessible web pages and products.
- Data analysis experience, and understanding of how analytics can help with product decisions.
- If you are most interested in working for a particular product, please let us know in your application!
HOW DO WE WORK?
- We’re kind to each other and our users – we strive to build a positive, supportive, and inclusive culture of cohesive teams focused on delivering value to our customers.
- We work as a global and distributed workforce resulting in a unique way of working built around our creed.
- We offer flexible work arrangements allowing our team members to work when they feel best.
- We open-source! We’re cool with open-sourcing everything except passwords, or secret keys.
- We ship often, deploying many times daily with the help of peer code review, continuous integration, and our global workforce in over 70 countries.
- We welcome collaboration, and you can be involved in any discussion across our many communication channels.
- Leadership – we offer a variety of leadership options to those who have interest, including becoming a team lead and managing releases.
- Learning and development – we have a generous personal development budget and encourage you to grow your skills through courses, books and conferences.
- Architecture – we encourage developers to develop expertise in the systems they work with, guide their evolution and mentor other developers working on them.
- Engineering effectiveness – we believe in helping other developers become more effective through tools, practices, cross-team collaborations, and process improvements.
DIVERSITY, EQUITY, & INCLUSION AT AUTOMATTIC
Please let Automattic know you found this job on Himalayas. This will help us grow!
About this role
November 13th, 2021
Job posted on
April 10th, 2021
About the companyWe are the people behind WordPress.com, WooCommerce, Jetpack, Tumblr, and more. We believe in making the web a better place We’re a distributed company with more than 1100 Automatticians in 65+ count...
We'll keep you updated when the best new remote jobs pop up.