The internet started by connecting mainframes, by the end of the 20th century 600m desktop and laptop computers exchanged email and web-traffic. Today around 15 billion ‘things’ are connected to the internet, growing at a rate of a billion per year. Tyk are committed to enabling interconnectivity between systems and between devices. We’ve started by building an API Management platform.
What can you do with us?
Tyk aims to provide the best user experience to our range of API management customers. Our users range from software and API developers, to API product managers, platform engineers and technical architects. We are looking for someone with a passion and drive to always be improving our UX and on the hunt for finding out the true user needs.
Here’s what you’ll be getting up to:
- Collaborating with other designers, developers and stakeholders to design enterprise and developer experiences within a particular product area
- Champion a design thinking mindset within a single product area and across the rest of the organisation
- Helping to define personas and user needs in collaboration with our user researcher
- Develop and own the user journeys, wireframes and interactive prototypes for complex developer and enterprise experiences within a specific product area
- Guide your team in creating product experiences that sit at the intersection of human value, business viability and technical feasibility
- Contribute to product planning and prioritisation sessions as the UX expert
- Working closely with the development teams to ensure there is a common understanding and direction for any UX activities and workflows
- Conduct user research for both concept and usability testing for your product area
- Share and gather feedback on designs throughout projects and share with the rest of your product and UX team
- Communicating and advocating what is best for the user throughout the organisation
- Communicating design ideas internally and externally
- Contribute to Tyk design system with the rest of the UX and design team
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Experience designing for technical developer and enterprise (B2B) tooling
- Experience working with and driving a design thinking framework
- Experience working with projects from conception through to delivery
- Experience communicating and presenting designs internally and externally
- Ability to use standard set of design software (We use Figma, Invision and Miro right now)
- Confidence in communicating designs to a wide range of stakeholders
- Have a creative, innovative and problem-solving mindset
- Ability to see things from both a macro and micro level (and know when to focus on each)
- Broad knowledge of the end to end design capabilities (research, UX, visual)
- Deep knowledge of interaction design, describing use cases, user flows and journeys
- Inspiring others with evidence-based storytelling
- Ability to work remotely with a distributed team
- Willingness to learn about new concepts and adopt new tools
Our early stage team members will shape our business, there is an attractive package based on experience and performance that includes share options. Everyone has unlimited holiday.
Please let Tyk know you found this job on Himalayas. This will help us grow!
About this role
May 17th, 2021
Job posted on
January 18th, 2021
Tyk is hiring for this role in the following timezones:
About the companyTyk is a leading API Management Platform. The internet started by connecting mainframes, by the end of the 20th-century 600m desktop and laptop computers exchanged email and web traffic. Today around...
We'll keep you updated when the best new remote jobs pop up.