- Work with engineers and other leaders at Stripe to understand how data infrastructure can enable engineers across Stripe to build secure, reliable and scalable products
- Support the engineering team in achieving a high level of technical quality, reliability, and developer satisfaction
- Manage processes to help the team do its best work and engage effectively with the rest of Stripe
- Recruit great engineers, in collaboration with Stripe’s recruiting team
- Mentor and coach managers to create healthy and well-executing teams
- Develop engineers on the team, helping them advance in their careers
- Contribute to engineering-wide initiatives as a member of Stripe’s engineering management team
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Managed teams that have shipped and operated critical data infrastructure, involving distributed systems with a heavy dependence on read-write workloads
- A genuine enjoyment of learning and diving into the nuts-and-bolts of how things work, with the ability to question and direct architectural decisions
- The ability to work very well cross-functionally, and the ability to think rigorously and make hard decisions and tradeoffs
- A strong quantitative and analytical background
- The ability to thrive on a high level of autonomy and responsibility
- The desire to encourage a healthy, inclusive work environment that’s both supportive and challenging
- Successfully recruited and built great teams
- Experience growing teams of 25+ engineers
- Managed managers for 2+ years
What’s it like to work at Stripe?
Stripe is helping the internet fulfill its potential as a platform for economic progress by building software tools that accelerate global economic access and technological development. Stripe makes it easy to start, run and scale an internet business from anywhere in the world.
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.
Please let Stripe know you found this job on Himalayas. This will help us grow!
About this role
June 7th, 2021
Job posted on
February 21st, 2021
Stripe is hiring for this role in the following timezones:
About the companyStripe is a software platform for starting and running internet businesses. Millions of businesses rely on Stripe’s software tools to accept payments, expand globally, and manage their businesses onlin...
We'll keep you updated when the best new remote jobs pop up.