About SmartrMail 📧
The standard in email marketing sucks, especially for commerce. As a merchant, you're either stuck with a basic platform that sends bulk newsletters your customers hate, or you can upgrade to an enterprise tool which you pay too much for and will never have time to properly configure.
SmartrMail is the easiest and quickest way to implement a powerful email marketing strategy for commerce. Within minutes merchants have a template that matches their site, automations tailored to their customers journeys, and recommendations with products based on customer data. This saves merchants' valuable time, delights their customers, and grows their business.
We have 300+ ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ reviews and a 4.9/5 rating on Shopify, the highest of all email marketing apps.
We're a remote first team, but if you're in Australia (Melbourne/Adelaide) or Lithuania (Vilnius/Kaunas) you can work flexibly out of one of our offices.
- One main Rails app, 3 Vue apps (not microservices)
- Current stack: Rails 6, Postgresql, Redis, Vue.js, Nginx, Passenger, Sidekiq, Azure
- Full stack Ruby on Rails development of new features
- Front End Development (using HTML, CSS, JS and Vue) of features within our Vue apps
- Advocate best practices and well tested reliable software
- Code reviews of our other developers commits, feedback, discussing ideas and taking the time to learn yourself and teach others
- Bug fixing and support
- 3+ years’ experience in Full-Stack Ruby on Rails development
- Experience with Vue.js, you don't have to be an expert but you should be comfortable writing front-end code
- Be able to solve problems without us holding your hands and turn ideas into elegant solutions
- Be able to consider things from a customer perspective and translate that into ideas and requirements that can continually improve our app experience
- Experience using Git version control
- Great communication (we use Github, Slack and Clubhouse)
- Friendly, with an interest in the latest tech, and a passion for learning
- Start up experience in any capacity
- Experience with e-commerce or HTML email development
- Be part of building an awesome product that people love
- We're a friendly, flexible remote-first team
- We care deeply about technology, product and commerce
- We run a yearly retreat, our first one was in 2019 in Lisbon, covid had different plans for 2020
- Excellent potential to improve your craft and progress your career in a growing startup
Please let SmartrMail know you found this job on Himalayas. This will help us grow!
About this role
August 18th, 2021
Job posted on
March 15th, 2021
SmartrMail is hiring for this role in the following timezones:
About the companyWe’re on a mission to build the easiest email marketing app for e-commerce. In 2016, our founders George and Phil started SmartrMail as a side project as they were growing their online art marketplace...
We'll keep you updated when the best new remote jobs pop up.