What you'll do
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (we're remote!)
- You have 5+ years experience in data engineering
- You have engineered scalable software using big data technologies (e.g. Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Flink, Samza, Storm, Elasticsearch, Druid, Cassandra, etc)
- You have experience building data pipelines (real-time or batch) on large complex datasets
- Fluency with at least one dialect of SQL (MySQL and Hive preferred)
- Expertise in Scala, Java, or Python
- You have worked on and have knowledge of Streaming platforms, typically based around Kafka.
- Strong grasp of AWS data platform services and their strengths/weaknesses.
- Strong experience using Jira, Slack, JetBrains IDEs, Git, GitLab, GitHub, Docker, Jenkins, Terraform.
- Experience using DataBricks
Please let Scribd know you found this job on Himalayas. This will help us grow!
About this role
May 13th, 2021
Job posted on
October 21st, 2020
Scribd is hiring for this role in the following timezones:
About the companyWe believe reading is more important than ever. Join our cast of unique characters as we build the world’s largest and most fascinating digital library: giving subscribers access to a growing collectio...
We'll keep you updated when the best new remote jobs pop up.