About this role
The Remind Engineering Team collaborates to deliver features for our users and customers while setting and maintaining SLAs to ensure reliable system performance. We prefer strongly typed languages over dynamic, and leverage both relational and non-relational data structures as needed, supporting tens of thousands of requests per second. We bias towards using the right tool for the job, including Typescript, React, Redux, GraphQL, Ruby, Twirp, and many AWS services (Aurora, DynamoDB, SQS).
- You have consistently shipped high quality code to production as part of a team
- You enjoy tackling interesting, complicated problems and following them through to the end
- You collaborate effectively with engineers, product managers, and designers to break down product requirements and maintain visibility on projects
- You have strong opinions about component design and codebase architecture and balance them with the practical concerns of shipping solutions for customers
- You write clean code and have significant experience with Typescript, React, Redux, GraphQL, Node.js, and frontend build systems like webpack and Babel
- You have built single page web applications that serve significant consumer traffic with an emphasis on maintainability and user experience
- Others enjoy working with you because of your positive attitude and technical competence
What you'll do:
- Design and implement systems to improve our communications platform supporting over 30 million students, parents, and educators
- Drive the architecture of our frontend codebase through initiatives such as unifying frontend code patterns, fostering testing best practices, decreasing build times, etc.
- Deliver features that delight the millions of parents, educators, and students that use Remind every day
- Support uptime through participation in our eng-wide on-call rotation
- Help tighten our SLAs so that the performance of our website exceeds the expectations of even our largest and most demanding customers
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% health coverage for you and your dependents
- Open vacation policy
- Paid parental leave
Remind is an equal opportunity employer, and we're committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We aim to represent the students, teachers, and parents we serve, and we welcome, support, and empower all the diverse individuals in our community.
Please let Remind know you found this job on Himalayas. This will help us grow!
About this role
April 28th, 2021
Job posted on
December 9th, 2020
Remind is hiring for this role in the following timezones:
About the companyRemind is a communication platform that helps every student succeed by allowing educators to reach students and parents where they are. With free and paid options that support engagement at every level...
We'll keep you updated when the best new remote jobs pop up.