About this role
- You have consistently shipped high quality code to production as part of a team
- You collaborate effectively with engineers, product managers, and designers to break down product requirements and maintain visibility on projects
- You write clean, scalable code and have significant experience with one or more programming languages
- You are well-versed in distributed systems, deeply understand the tradeoff between consistency and availability, and have built robust systems supporting at least 10,000 requests/second
- You have built scalable, performant, highly available services and understand the value of a good SLA
- Others enjoy working with you because of your positive attitude and technical competence
What you'll do:
- Design and implement fault-tolerant, self-healing systems to improve our communications platform supporting nearly 30 million students, parents, and educators
- Increase the overall availability and performance of our distributed services
- Ensure our system can elastically scale through an order of magnitude of traffic
- Support uptime through participation in our eng-wide on-call rotation
- Help establish, conform to, and tighten our SLAs so that the performance of our website exceeds the expectations of even our largest and most demanding customers
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% health coverage for you and your dependents
- Open vacation policy
- Paid parental leave
- Parking and commuter benefits
Remind is an equal opportunity employer, and we're committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We aim to represent the students, teachers, and parents we serve, and we welcome, support, and empower all the diverse individuals in our community.
Please let Remind know you found this job on Himalayas. This will help us grow!
About this role
April 29th, 2021
Job posted on
January 12th, 2021
Remind is hiring for this role in the following timezones:
About the companyRemind is a communication platform that helps every student succeed by allowing educators to reach students and parents where they are. With free and paid options that support engagement at every level...
We'll keep you updated when the best new remote jobs pop up.