Who We Are:
At Platform Science, we're working to connect everything that moves.
Founded in 2015, we are an open IoT platform that partners with innovative fleets, application developers, vehicle manufacturers, and equipment providers in the transportation industry to deliver revolutionary solutions to supply chain professionals across the globe.
Our employees are an engaging, diverse group of people who believe in the power of great ideas. We hire people with different experiences and perspectives to build a company culture that fuels growth through innovation.
We value thoughtful actions and empathy for others. We approach challenges with resiliency and creativity, while encouraging transparency because, no matter our backgrounds or responsibilities, we are one team.
About The Role:
Platform Science is looking for a qualifiedTech Support Specialist to join our Customer Success team here in San Diego, CA and assist our customers with technical issues associated with our products and services.
Your responsibilities include resolving customer questions, recommending technical solutions and guiding product users through features and functionalities. To be successful in this role, you should be an excellent communicator who's able to earn our clients' trust. You should also be familiar with technical help desk software and express an interest to learn about the transportation IoT industry. Ultimately, you will help establish our reputation as a company that offers excellent customer support during Pilot tests and after-sales installs and diagnostics.
Research and identify solutions to software and hardware issues using tools provided.
**This will be shift work (12pm-8:30pm). In addition this will include some weekend coverage (work week will be Tuesday - Saturday).
- Diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues, including heavy android application support
- Track calls to resolution, within agreed time limits
- Talk customers through a series of actions, either via phone, email or chat, until they've solved a technical issue
- Properly escalate unresolved issues to appropriate internal teams (e.g. Tier 2, manager or other)
- Provide prompt and accurate feedback to customers and log cases in Salesforce
- Document technical knowledge in the form of Knowledge Base articles within Salesforce
- Maintain courteous and professional relationships with clients
- Analyze and report product malfunctions (for example, by testing different scenarios or impersonating users)
- Update our internal databases with information about technical issues and useful discussions with customers
- Share feature requests and effective workarounds with team members
- Gather customer feedback and document using company tools
- Proven work experience as a Technical Support Representative, Desktop Support Engineer, IT Help Desk Technician or similar experience
- Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices and other tech products
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot basic technical issues
- Familiarity with remote desktop applications and help desk software (eg. Salesforce)
- Ability to provide step-by-step technical help, both written and verbal
- Experience using help desk software and remote support tools
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Flexibility to potentially work shift hours
Platform Science Benefits Highlights:
The company offers various benefits to regular, full-time employees including:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability insurances
- ADD and life insurance
- 401k plan
- Paid vacation, sick leave and holidays
- Six weeks of paid parental leave
For more information please see the Benefits Highlights brochure for regular, full-time employees.
In addition, you can access the Benefit Highlights brochure for regular, full-time employees by copying and pasting the link into your browser: https://www.platformscience.com/benefits
Our job titles for each posting may span across more than one job level. The estimated hourly rate for this position is between $26.64 and $30.00 per hour. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target range for new hire hourly rates across all US locations. Compensation packages are based on many factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, work experience, relevant trainings and certifications, business needs, market demands and specific geographical location. The hourly pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role may also be eligible for bonus, equity, and benefits.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits.
At this time we only consider candidates in these states: AL, AR, AZ, CA, CO, FL, GA, ID, IL, KY, MA, MD, MI, MN, MO, NC, NH, NV, NY, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, and WI. In the future we plan to add more states.
About this role
March 26th, 2023
January 26th, 2023
About Platform Science
Learn about Platform Science and their company culture.
For years, the transportation industry used technology that wasn't designed with the future in mind. This limited fleets and drivers to proprietary systems, creating obstacles for innovating the optimal driver experience.
Since launching in 2015, we've spent thousands of hours working with fleets to make transportation smart. From the back office to the driver's seat, we provide solutions at every level to help fleets future-proof their operations.
Simply put, we want to make transportation smarter. To do so, we’ve developed industry-specific solutions for improving the way fleets like yours manage data. When you partner with us, your ongoing success is the goal that drives us forward.
What we do
Since 2015, Platform Science's team has connected fleets across the nation with the tools they need to take control of their technology. As part of our ongoing mission to transform transportation, we’ve made it easy for fleets to develop, deploy, and manage their commercial vehicles’ mobile devices and applications on a single platform.
Through our partnerships with industry leaders at every stage of the supply chain, we empower fleets with endless opportunities to innovate and create solutions that evolve as their businesses grow.
Where we’re going
The future is bright for Platform Science. Backed by venture capital and developed in collaboration with supply chain logistics leaders around the globe, we’re well positioned to disrupt the $20B fleet management sector and $10T+ dollar logistics space.
And with over 100 million miles already under our belt, our cutting-edge technology is paving the way for innovation in an industry where the only way to move is forward.
Learn about the technology and tools that Platform Science uses.
Benefits and perks
Learn about the benefits and perks that Platform Science provides.
We help you save for the future by matching 50% of your contributions up to 3%.
We provide access to helpful resources for your physical and mental wellbeing.
We offer comprehensive short- and long-term disability coverage.
We offer comprehensive life insurance plans.
About this role
March 26th, 2023
January 26th, 2023