About the Role:
- The Site Reliability Engineer is responsible for building and managing the infrastructure for the TiDB Cloud. You will design and implement systems capable of running large-scale, multi-tenant distributed databases that span several providers smoothly. You will also be responsible for the availability, monitoring, emergency response, and capacity planning of the service.
- Design, write and deliver systems to improve the functionality and reliability of the infrastructure.
- Design, implement and operate the automation and monitoring of TiDB Cloud to maximize availability.
- Manage the infrastructure of TiDB Cloud, including participating in a weekly on-call rotation.
- Keep a complex system running and solve problems relating to mission-critical services.
- Take and automate stability and disaster recovery tests to help improve the overall resilience to failures.
- Strong fundamentals in distributed systems design and operation
- Expertise in analyzing, monitoring, and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
- Excellent understanding of infrastructure, virtualization, containers, network, storage, database
- Strong and hands-on experience with at least one of the programming languages: Go, Typescript
- Expertise in working with major cloud providers like AWS, Azure, GCP, etc. and Cloud APIs.
- Ability to distill a complex set of requirements into defined deliverables
- Strong communicator with a results-driven attitude
- Competitive salary
- Equity in a fast-growing enterprise startup
- Awesome, supportive coworkers with a good sense of humor
- Working with a globally distributed team of passionate (and compassionate) developers, hackers, and open-source fanatics
- Remote friendly
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- 401k retirement plan
- Flexible paid time off
- In-office catered lunch, snacks, and drinks
- Commuter benefits
- Gym reimbursement
- Employee referral bonus program
PingCAP is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer building a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Please let PingCAP know you found this job on Himalayas. This will help us grow!
About this role
October 13th, 2021
Job posted on
January 1st, 2021
About the companyPingCAP is dedicated to building an open source distributed Hybrid Transactional/Analytical Processing (HTAP) database. The flagship product, TiDB, features infinite horizontal scalability, strong cons...
We'll keep you updated when the best new remote jobs pop up.