About the Role:
The individual in this position is responsible for:
- Scaling our Elixir monolith.
- Work on our Phoenix Framework graphql API.
- Performance tune database queries to squeeze out every bit of performance possible.
- Create GraphQL endpoints that our frontend and mobile teams can consume.
- Work with our lead engineer to improve the impact of our datadog dashboards and make them even more useful.
- Participate in architecture decisions and decide how to implement the future of Papa Tech.
- Minimum of 3 years experience writing Elixir code
- Minimum of 6 years experience writing code in any other language.
- A mindset of 'our code' not 'my code'. At Papa, code belongs to
everyone, we don’t point fingers at people, we correct the process.
- Experience writing and scaling Phoenix Framework applications, and GraphQL APIs.
- Experience with performance tuning Postgresql databases.
- Experience with performance tuning Elixir applications.
- Experience working remotely. It’s not for everyone, and we need
someone who has the personal responsibility to properly manage their
energy and commitment.
- Experienced with AWS and Kubernetes
- Experienced with Erlang and BEAM VM.
- Experienced in machine learning basics
Salary & Benefits:
- Market competitive salary
- Stock options
- Health Insurance & PTO
- An environment of trust and personal accountability
- In-house engineering talks
- The opportunity to work with cutting edge technology in a fast-paced environment.
- Miami, FL / Remote
Learn about Papa and their company culture.
Papa is the first and only on-demand assistance service to help seniors with transportation, house needs, technology, and an amazing social experience. With Papa our members can access Papa Pals, our friendly, trusted team members that create incredible social experiences for you and your senior loved ones.
It's like having Grandkids On-demand!
Learn about the technology and tools that Papa uses.
About this role
November 9th, 2021
January 18th, 2021