What will you do?
- Lead and grow a team of product designers and design researchers by setting clear goals, evolving our design process, bringing in best practices, building a strong team culture, and ensuring that they have what they need to be successful.
- Partner with the VP of Product Design to develop strategic goals for the reader experience and work with your team to make that vision come to life.
- Establish a design process that maintains a high level of creative execution and makes space for innovative, divergent exploration.
- Work with product management, engineering, research, and data science to ensure a well-aligned and coordinated product development process.
- Develop product design strategies that are informed by user research, business objectives, and strong design sensibility.
Who are you?
- You have experience leading design teams working on consumer Internet products, experience on media-related products a plus.
- You have a track record of mentoring and developing designers to do their best work. You value open collaboration and know how to cultivate a culture of trust.
- You excel at bringing clarity and structure to ideas and can put in place strong processes to make them happen.
- You are equally comfortable with big-picture strategy and pixel-level design feedback.
- You have experience managing designers that work with cross-functional product teams in an agile / scrum environment.
- You have a deep understanding of UX best practices in mobile and web applications.
- You have strong portfolio of design work demonstrating end-to-end product design on products at varying points of the product life-cycle.
Please let Medium know you found this job on Himalayas. This will help us grow!
About this role
May 27th, 2021
Job posted on
November 6th, 2020
Medium is hiring for this role in the following timezones:
About the companyWelcome to Medium, where words matter. Medium taps into the brains of the world’s most insightful writers, thinkers, and storytellers to bring you the smartest takes on topics that matter. So whatever ...
We'll keep you updated when the best new remote jobs pop up.