On the day to day, you will
- Partner with a diverse range of stakeholders in editorial, engineering, marketing and product management to extract actionable insight from our usage data
- Be an organization-wide advocate for evidence-based decision-making and the use of data
- Build dashboards and reports that provide visibility into how people use our products.
- Build statistical models that help us understand the ins and outs of how users experience our products
- Design and analyze experiments to answer key business questions.
- Build data pipelines and models that enable incisive analyses and performant data visualizations
You should have
- 2+ years of experience doing quantitative analysis at a consumer-facing technology company
- Experience with data pipelining, from data preparation to analysis to deployment
- Experience writing and optimizing complex SQL queries on large data sets
- Knowledge of inferential statistics, especially in an experimentation setting (hypothesis testing, power analysis, experimental design)
- Experience communicating the results of analyses with product and leadership teams to influence the strategy of the product
- Experience manipulating large data sets through SQL or Python
Nice to have
- Development experience in Python
- Experience developing in Looker
- Natural Language processing (NLP) with large data sets
- Experience in big data technologies like Spark
At Medium, we foster an inclusive, supportive, fun yet challenging team environment. We value having a team that is made up of a diverse set of backgrounds and respect the healthy expression of diverse opinions. We embrace experimentation and the examination of all kinds of ideas through reasoning and testing. Come join us as we continue to change the world of digital media. Medium is an equal opportunity employer.
Please let Medium know you found this job on Himalayas. This will help us grow!
About this role
May 4th, 2021
Job posted on
November 18th, 2020
Medium is hiring for this role in the following timezones:
About the companyWelcome to Medium, where words matter. Medium taps into the brains of the world’s most insightful writers, thinkers, and storytellers to bring you the smartest takes on topics that matter. So whatever ...
We'll keep you updated when the best new remote jobs pop up.