- Cross-functional partnering: Through a network of intra-company relationships, ensure timely data is gathered across technical, operational, and commercial aspects of the business. Aggregate and synthesize this disparate data to deliver “what matters” analyses that inform critical decisions by Ginkgo leadership.
- Plan and measure: Own aspects of Ginkgo’s periodic financial planning, budgeting, forecasting, and reporting processes. Continuously drive improvements in clarity, accuracy, and efficiency.
- Build the infrastructure: Test, implement, scale, and adapt company-wide FP&A processes and systems to deliver valuable business insights for both internal and external stakeholders.
- Drive financial literacy: Act as a change agent to transition Ginkgo’s company-wide financial literacy from startup to mature enterprise.
- Model: Own long-term financial modeling for certain business areas, and Ginkgo as a whole, by incorporating a deep understanding of business drivers.
- Special projects: Assist with evaluating and navigating key initiatives, business models, risks, and opportunities as they arise across Ginkgo’s commercial, capital planning, and corporate development operations.
Desired Experience and Capabilities
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, or related field
- 3-6 years of relevant financial, management consulting, and/or investing experience, particularly within a high-growth environment
- Strong level of proficiency with financial planning, systems, budgeting, forecasting, and financial modeling
- Excellent project management skills, with demonstrated ability to drive cross-functional projects to completion
- High-level understanding of enterprise-level financial planning systems and software
- Prior experience within a startup or entrepreneurial environment
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills, with a history of strong business judgment
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills and attention to detail, with the ability to efficiently organize information, analyze large datasets, and present data in a clear and impactful manner
- High-level ability to build strong relationships and influence technical, business, and operational decisions
- Strong multitasking skills, with the ability to work on multiple, concurrent projects and adapt to changing priorities
- Motivation for promoting Ginkgo’s culture of inclusion and collaboration to drive results
- Enthusiasm about being a part of Ginkgo’s mission
To learn more about Ginkgo, check out some recent press:
- Ginkgo Bioworks Awarded $40MM NIH RADx-ATP Contract to Expand High Throughput SARS-CoV-2 Testing (PR Newswire)
- Ginkgo Bioworks CEO on scaling up Covid-19 testing: ‘If we try, we can win’ (CNBC)
- Ginkgo raises $70 million to ramp up COVID-19 testing for employers, universities (Boston Globe)
- Ginkgo Bioworks Redirects Its Biotech Platform to Coronavirus (Wall Street Journal)
- Ginkgo Bioworks Provides Support on Process Optimization to Moderna for COVID-19 Response (PRNewswire)
- The Life Factory: Synthetic Organisms From This $1.4 Billion Startup Will Revolutionize Manufacturing (Forbes)
- Synthetic Bio Pioneer Ginkgo Raises $290 Million in New Funding (Bloomberg)
- Ginkgo Bioworks raises $350 million fund for biotech spinouts (Reuters)
- Can This Company Convince You to Love GMOs? (The Atlantic)
Please let Ginkgo Bioworks know you found this job on Himalayas. This will help us grow!
About this role
August 16th, 2021
Job posted on
October 31st, 2020
Ginkgo Bioworks is hiring for this role in the following timezones:
About the companyGinkgo Bioworks was founded with the mission tomake biology easier to engineer. Engineering biology isn't easy. It is frustratingly, painfully difficult. It's programming without a debugger, manufactur...
We'll keep you updated when the best new remote jobs pop up.