- Design and implement software solutions that address the current needs of Concentric by Ginkgo’s customers, consumers, and internal stakeholders. These solutions could be a microservice, standalone tool, user-facing web application, data pipeline, etc.
- Collaborate with your tech lead and product manager to define key milestones and deliverables.
- Work as a member of an agile team, attending scrum meetings and reviewing code produced by your peers.
- Write automated tests for your solution and oversee its deployment.
- Monitor the production environment to detect and address customers' issues.
- Prototype new ideas, algorithms, and frameworks.
- Ensure patient data is protected and kept confidential
Desired Experience and Capabilities
- BS/MS in computer science, plus 2-10 years relevant work experience
- Scalable web app experience a plus
- Experience with HIPAA compliant software a plus
- Strong attention to detail, with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple, concurrent responsibilities
- Flexibility to work in a fast-paced environment
- Eagerness to support Concentric by Ginkgo’s goals, with a strong drive to help our initiative succeed
To learn more about our Software Team and how we're growing Ginkgo's platform, check out our team page. as well as some of the team's blog posts:
- Using React Memo for a More Performant User Experience
- Building a Data Processing Pipeline for NGS Part 1
- Ginkgo's COVID-19 Pivot: Decisiveness and Agility
- Day in the Life: Chris
- Day in the Life: Dan
To learn more about Ginkgo, check out some recent press:
- Ginkgo Bioworks Redirects Its Biotech Platform to Coronavirus (WSJ)
- The Life Factory: Synthetic Organisms From This $1.4 Billion Startup Will Revolutionize Manufacturing (Forbes)
- The engineering of living organisms could soon start changing everything (The Economist)
- Synthetic Bio Pioneer Ginkgo Raises $290 Million in New Funding (Bloomberg)
- Ginkgo Bioworks raises $350 million fund for biotech spinouts (Reuters)
- Ginkgo Bioworks Is Turning Human Cells into On-Demand Factories (WIRED)
- Can This Company Convince You to Love GMOs? (The Atlantic)
- This food tech startup just raised $90 million to make it easier to invent new plant-based meats (Fast Company)
Please let Ginkgo Bioworks know you found this job on Himalayas. This will help us grow!
About this role
August 16th, 2021
Job posted on
January 1st, 2021
Ginkgo Bioworks is hiring for this role in the following timezones:
About the companyGinkgo Bioworks was founded with the mission tomake biology easier to engineer. Engineering biology isn't easy. It is frustratingly, painfully difficult. It's programming without a debugger, manufactur...
We'll keep you updated when the best new remote jobs pop up.