Frame.io is changing the future of how videos are made by helping over 1 million creative professionals seamlessly collaborate from all over the world.
About the Role
As the Engineering Manager of Backend Services, you will own Frame.io's core API which powers Frame.io’s web platform, mobile apps, and editor integrations. You are a hands-on leader who enjoys getting deep on architecture and infrastructure while mentoring and growing a high-performance team. You’ll collaborate with stakeholders in product squads, media services, SRE and security to develop and execute on the backend services roadmap.
- Help your team members grow. We want you to change the trajectory of your team members’ careers.
- Advocate for them. Look for opportunities for them within the organization and beyond.
- Unblock them. Help them work at their maximum potential—working with other teams in the company to make sure that nothing gets in their way.
- A love of people management, great products and how backend plays a role in product
- 8+ years of overall technical experience, including deep knowledge of architecture and operations of highly available, large-scale backend services
- Experience in Elixir or a comparable functional programming language
- Love of innovating and building a team capable of leveraging the growing capabilities of cloud infrastructure and low latency networks
- 2+ years of people management experience with a track record of unlocking the potential of your team
- Experience in PostgreSQL outside of an ORM, including the ability to design SQL queries for performance and efficiency
- Expertise with common API and services design best practices
- Deep experience in backend service operational considerations—how they scale, how they should fit together, and how they’re likely to break
- Experience designing distributed systems and solving problems related to concurrency
- Experience orchestrating zero downtime migrations
- Ability to analyze and solve difficult problems across the back-end
- Experience with GraphQL a plus!
- Manage our Backend Services team—coach them, advocate for them, unblock them—basically make them happy and productive human beings
- Provide technical leadership to the engineers and be accountable for the engineering output of the team
- Work closely with Product, Design, and other cross-functional partners to create a meaningful vision and roadmap—once a feature ships, you'll pay close attention to the impact of the work, and iterate towards a successful outcome
- Grow, educate, hire, and retain a high-performing team with high delivery cadence in an agile environment
- Build a culture of engineering excellence with a focus on performance, scalability, privacy, and security
- Competitive salary and equity
- Paid parental leave for primary or secondary caregivers
- Unlimited PTO and designated Volunteering paid time off
- Work From Anywhere Week
- Yearly stipend for learning and development
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance and OneMedical membership
- Pre-tax commuter benefit and Flexible Spending Account
- Daily catered lunch & fully stocked kitchen with cold brew on tap
- Discounted gym membership, Classpass discount and Free Citi-Bike membership
Our philosophy is simple. At Frame.io, we believe that working with people of different backgrounds and perspectives allows us to elevate each other and helps us build a better product for our users.
Please let Frame.io know you found this job on Himalayas. This will help us grow!
About this role
May 16th, 2021
Job posted on
October 12th, 2020
Frame.io is hiring for this role in the following timezones:
About the companyWe picture a world where creativity is limitless. Join us if you share our vision Some of the ways we’ll make you feel at home. Because being at the office doesn’t have to feel like work Unlim...
We'll keep you updated when the best new remote jobs pop up.