Dropbox is one place to keep life organized and keep work moving. With more than 600 million registered users across 180 countries, we’re on a mission to design a more enlightened way of working. Dropbox is headquartered in San Francisco, CA, and has offices around the world. For more information on our mission and products, visit dropbox.com.
- You will set direction not only for the team but will help guide engineering vision
- You will architect important systems and anticipate strategic and scaling-related challenges via thoughtful long-term planning
- You will write code as we expect our technical leadership to be in the trenches alongside junior engineers, understanding root causes and leading by example
- You will mentor engineers, both junior and senior
- You will own relationships with other engineering teams and collaborate with other functions within Dropbox
- BS (or higher, e.g., MS, or PhD) in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent technical experience
- 15+ years of professional software development experience
- Solid CS fundamentals with experience across a range of disciplines, with one or more area of deep knowledge and experience
- Proven track record of senior technical leadership
- Strong knowledge of shipping impactful and complex software projects
- Ability to set technical and cultural standards for engineers
Dropbox is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is our support for members and allies of internal groups like Asians at Dropbox, BlackDropboxers, Latinx, Pridebox (LGBTQ), Vets at Dropbox, Women at Dropbox, ATX Diversity (based in Austin, Texas) and the Dropbox Empowerment Network (based in Dublin, Ireland).
Benefits and Perks
- Generous company contribution toward individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)
Please let Dropbox know you found this job on Himalayas. This will help us grow!
About this role
August 18th, 2021
Job posted on
March 22nd, 2021
Dropbox is hiring for this role in the following timezones:
About the companyDropbox is the world’s first smart workspace that helps people and teams focus on the work that matters. With more than 600 million registered users across 180 countries, we’re on a mission to design a...
We'll keep you updated when the best new remote jobs pop up.