WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Apply exploratory data analysis and causal inference to answer complex questions about our users.
- Collaborate across teams to help scope out analyses, through a combination of experimentation (A/B testing) and quantitative user research.
- Design experiments and evaluate results to test and iterate on new product ideas.
- Perform deep dives into our data to build understanding around our business.
- Work with our data science and engineering teams to maintain data integrity.
- Mentor and consult with a cross-functional team of data scientists, engineers, and product managers.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- 4+ years of industry experience in a data science, analytics, or research role. You have strong data intuition and knowledge of using data science best practices to drive impact.
- Expert SQL - we use Redshift. Able to write clean and efficient queries on massive datasets.
- Applied experience with statistical programming languages - R or Python preferred.
- Understanding of statistical methods and when to use them (hypothesis testing, experiment design, sampling).
- Strong written and verbal communicator. Comfortable working with loosely defined research problems.
WHAT WILL MAKE YOU STAND OUT
- Background in experimentation and measurement. We’re looking to streamline our experimentation reporting framework and would love your help.
- A workflow involving reproducible methods and version control - Github, Docker.
- Experience automating dashboards with business intelligence tools - Looker, Tableau.
- Passionate about teaching the world to code. Empathy for our learners, such as a background in education or past experience using our site.
INTERESTING QUESTIONS YOU MIGHT WORK ON
- What are some different types of patterns in user behavior?
- What do we do when we are unable to conduct an experiment?
- Can we predict whether a learner will renew their subscription?
- How do we improve the relevance of our course recommendations?
- How can we scale our existing processes? (experiment reporting framework, forecasting)
At Codecademy, we are committed to teaching people the skills they need to upgrade their careers. Codecademy aims to educate a richly diverse demographic of learners with our product and in order to accomplish this, we believe our team should reflect that rich diversity. Our company celebrates diversity in all of its forms-- race, gender, color, national origin, marital status, sexuality, religion, veteran status, age, ability, disability status-- and works to create an inclusive workplace where people of all backgrounds and beliefs are empowered to better their futures.
Please let Codecademy know you found this job on Himalayas. This will help us grow!
About this role
August 18th, 2021
Job posted on
March 15th, 2021
Codecademy is hiring for this role in the following timezones:
About the companyFirst, we invented the best system for learning to code. And we offered it for free. Nine years and 45 million learners later, we've created serious impact. Headquartered in New York City, our internal...
We'll keep you updated when the best new remote jobs pop up.