What you'll do
- You'll own the shape and prioritization of delivery on a team delivering leading open source runtime systems. Working closely with your engineering counterpart and the members of the team, you will instill a strong sense of the “why” that operationalizes our corporate mission.
- You'll represent the voice of your customer by conducting qualitative and quantitative analysis and immersing yourself in your large and growing community of users.
- You'll model, track, and report on success metrics that build confidence among our various internal stakeholders.
- You have a desire to create something from nothing, both in the product surface area you are responsible for shipping and in the organization around you. This is a dynamic environment that will grow and change a lot in your time here and that excites you.
- You have the demonstrable ability to drive the delivery of released software products, from concept to launch-ready, preferably for technical users and/or solving a complex business problem.
- You’ve got a knack for prioritization and politely saying no to perfectly good ideas because they aren’t the most important thing to achieve the goals of your team.
- You have experience climbing learning curves to become an expert in a category and help everyone around you become aligned and informed about how to match what people need with what your team can ship.
- You have enough hands-on experience to have empathy for what server operators face every day. You don’t need to be a skilled coder, but you’ve done some software engineering or been close to technical folks for long enough to build an understanding of the day-to-day challenges in software teams.
- You have an ability to influence and inspire a variety of audiences, internal and external and have a willingness to advocate for ideas that aren’t always popular at first.
- You have experience (or keen willingness to learn) working with distributed teams without losing cohesion and quality.
Please let Apollo GraphQL know you found this job on Himalayas. This will help us grow!
About this role
August 16th, 2021
Job posted on
January 9th, 2021
About the companyApollo is the GraphQL company. Our mission is to empower every developer with a data graph. Driving the momentum behind GraphQL, our Data Graph Platform helps developers, startups, and enterprises get ...
We'll keep you updated when the best new remote jobs pop up.