Virak HorVH
Looking for a job

Virak Hor


Passionate Software Engineer with over 10 years of experience.


What I'm looking for

Passionate Software Engineer with over 10 years of experience. Well-versed in Python, Django, Javascript/TypeScript, Node, Express, React and many more. Experience in architecting scalable applications and RESTful APIs on AWS. Passion for designing clean architecture, and writing clean, efficient, and reusable code.

Experience logoSL

Lead Software Engineer

Aug 2018 - Dec 2022 (4 years 4 months)

Split time between Client Product Delivery and Digital Operations to improve quality of products and software delivery practices. Served as a member to the digital operations team to refine the best practices for agile team work. Led development of various client projects using Python, Node, React, AWS. Wrote 30% of code, reviewed the other 20% and 50% lead. Successfully delivered projects

United Nation logoUN

Information System Specialist

United Nation

Jan 2013 - Apr 2018 (5 years 3 months)

Served as an expert in software applications. Responsible for designing, developing, and implementing information systems to ensure organization’s computer systems and technology needs are met.
● Worked with various departments to re-design and develop the new organization’s portal using Drupal, PHP, MySQL, which resulted in 100% increase in productivity and accessibility.


Senior Software Engineer

Sabay Digital

Jan 2007 - Dec 2012 (5 years 11 months)

Spearhead the design and development of the company’s software projects and served as a technical expert to the management, contributing to technical decisions.
● Led the development of the company’s centralized Account Management System. Written in PHP/MySQL. Wrote 80% of code, reviewed the other 20%. Resulting in about 50% increase in account creation.
● Designed and developed a CMS

Tech stack

Learn about the tools and technologies that Virak likes to use.

Find your dream job

Sign up now and join thousands of other remote workers who receive personalized job alerts, curated job matches, and more for free!

Sign up
Himalayas profile for an example user named Frankie Sullivan