Areas of Focus
- Define and deliver solutions to Client-prioritized deliverables
- Lead, mentor, and support other Engineers
- Enforce coding best practices and testing requirements
- Team and Client project-specific communication
- Estimate effort to complete user stories & tasks
- Take responsibility for the engineering success of your project(s)
- Contribute to estimation/effort level for all tickets in the backlog
- Work closely with others to develop solutions
- Ensure the delivery of quality code, on time, and as estimated
- Review and write unit, integration, and regression tests when appropriate
- Conduct architectural peer reviews for code created by other Engineers
- Participate in Backlog Grooming, Sprint Planning and Sprint Review meetings
- Deploy code and setup build and test environments
- Follow and help ensure coding best practices
- Follow Agile SCRUM methodologies
- Follow and help enforce organizational processes
- Be a supportive team member and leader
- Be candid and respectful
- Have a growth mindset
Although this is a backend-focused engineering role, some modern frontend experience is often needed. We expect that you will have significant experience with most of the following areas of technology and the ability to quickly learn and close any gaps that you encounter while engaged.
- WordPress at scale
- Object Oriented Programming
- Gutenberg & React.js
- WP-CLI and WP-REST-API
- RESTful Services and APIs
- SQL and NoSQL databases
- Setting up CI/CD workflows with Travis CI and GitHub
- E2E testing and frameworks like PHPUnit, QUnit, and Mocha
- Build-tools like Grunt, Gulp, and WebPack
- Docker and Vagrant
- Package management tools like NPM and Composer
- Transpiling ES6 to ES5 using Babel
- CSS Preprocessors like SASS
- Git and SVN version control systems
- Developing responsive interfaces
- Debugging for a wide range of browsers and devices
- Highly organized, motivated, and execution-oriented
- Self-starter comfortable working in a highly technical environment
- Demonstrated ability for continuous learning, creativity, and problem solving
- Ability to work effectively and dependably in remote environments
- Confidence effectively presenting well-reasoned options to decision makers
- Ability to make a strong case while listening and remaining open to other perspectives
Learn about XWP and their company culture.
Advance your career and make the web better with XWP.
Find challenging projects, service-focused and collaborative teammates, and many opportunities to grow and learn. We have a passion and enthusiasm for what we do and a sincere care for each other and our clients.
A Leader in the WordPress Community
WordPress.com VIP Partner Agency. Sponsored WordPress Core & Community Opportunities. Rigorous Coding Standards, Peer Review, and Mentorship.
Not just a Team…
People stay at XWP because of the people they get to work alongside. Support, kindness, encouragement, and trust make relationships thrive here.
Bigger Projects, Bigger Challenges
We partner with some of the largest and most innovative publishers and tech companies, giving you the opportunity for significant challenges and growth.
Time & Location Independence
Live where you want. Work a flexible schedule. Enjoy your life, your loved ones, and your work in a balanced way. We are a fully distributed team of experts.
Enrich Your Life
Enjoy a $2500 per year allowance to enrich your life in many ways, including fitness gear, maker tools, co-working space, hobby farming, travel, games, and more.
More Than Writing Code & Building Sites
Here we measure success by innovation, impact, and sustainable contribution. Investing in open source. Finding the better way. Solving meaningful problems for real people.
Raise the Bar
Enjoy teammates and clients who value exceptional work quality, from how we collaborate to what we build together. Expect more space to make your highest contribution.
Keep Moving Forward
You’ll find bright, engaged teammates committed to doing their best work and always striving to grow in effectiveness and impact, encouraging you to do the same.
Learn about the technology and tools that XWP uses.
About this role
December 8th, 2021
January 23rd, 2021