- We do the right thing for our customers
- We're a team, built on trust
- We're proud to be remote
- We're in control of our own destiny
We’re looking for people who:
- Are based in the US
- Value working remotely
- Excel at communication and collaboration
- Highly value working with people they like and respect
- Are open and accountable
- Are confident with their skills and who love being part of a team (we’re peers here, no egos please) but are also comfortable working asynchronously
- Want to make a positive impact at TaxJar and who aren’t afraid to fail
- Be challenged to solve new problems
- Be comfortable within a mature Rails codebase and have an openness to Elixir
- Take lead role in breaking large projects down into deliverable pieces
- Maintain clear and accurate documentation
- Consider the performance impacts of your technical choices
- Drive architectural decisions and refactors
- Review and test your teammates’ pull requests
- Contribute to and maintain our existing Rspec test suites
- Maintain and update our core SaaS business logic
- Mentor a team around standards, design, and best practices
- 5 - 8 years experience with Ruby on Rails and a test framework such as RSpec
- 3 - 5 years of experience with backend database skills
- Ability to own development tasks from assignment through to production
- Agile, humble, trustworthy, and a team player
- Rapid learner who thrives in a fast-paced and demanding environment
- Passion for building simple and intuitive solutions for complex problems in e-commerce
- Prior SaaS development, API development or similar app dev experience
- Excel at written and verbal remote communication (chat, video, email, etc)
- Excellent health, vision and dental benefits
- Flexible vacation
- Company holidays, plus mandatory Birthday holiday
- 12 weeks paid parental leave for all employees
- 4 hours volunteer time per month
- Biannual all-company in person summits (paid for by us, of course!)
- $250 Home office stipend
- 401k Plan
- Equity in a profitable company
- Monthly perks reimbursement ($100 a month to appreciate your teammates, Netflix, Amazon Prime, gym membership, home internet etc.)
If you send us a referral for someone who may be a great candidate for this role, we'll pay you $1,000 if we hire them. To refer someone, please email their full name to [email protected] and add “Candidate Referral - [Job Title]” to the subject line once the individual has applied for a role.
Learn about TaxJar and their company culture.
We were founded to help eCommerce merchants spend less time on sales tax and more time growing the businesses they love. We’re passionate about creating simple solutions and leveraging technology to solve complicated sales tax issues.
We’re a 100% remote team that knows first-hand the sales tax challenges we’re working to resolve. We're lean but experienced. We've started our own businesses, sold successful companies (a few in the tax and accounting space), been part of IPO's, worked at fortune 500s and have even resold hundreds of designer shoes on eBay from the garage. We get it. Sales tax isn't fun and that's why we made TaxJar.
We all work remotely from wherever we work best for each team member. For most of us, that's home. For others, that may be a local coffee shop or a summer vacation house. The only requirement is that we're working from a place with WiFi, and we're able to get our work done. We talk all day over Basecamp and each of our teams have separate rooms to discuss what's necessary.
We’re a happy TaxJar team and we all really love what we do. We've created a space where high-achievers can succeed but are also safe to fail. We're profitable and focused on growing TaxJar sustainably. We're always learning how to make TaxJar the best place to work for all of us, and not just another tech start-up. We’re always looking for amazing new teammates to come share in the excitement of solving real-world problems with technology.... and we're hiring!
Learn about the technology and tools that TaxJar uses.
About this role
November 5th, 2021
September 26th, 2020