Stripe Terminal helps Stripe users extend their online presence into the physical world. The Terminal Team’s mission is to make it as easy for businesses to accept in-person payments as the Stripe API has done for online payments. With Terminal, businesses can unlock in-person payments use cases that are right for their business model—whether it’s creating a flagship retail experience, extending their website to a pop-up store, or enabling a mobile point-of-sale at their next event. Stripe Terminal is built atop the Stripe Payments Platform, letting businesses maintain a single view of their customers and sales across online and offline channels. They can also take advantage of Stripe’s integrated payments capabilities, including initiating a subscription in-store with Stripe Billing and letting SaaS platforms and marketplaces accept in-person payments with Stripe Connect.
As a Terminal TPM, you will become an expert on all things related to in-person payments. You’ll work with teams within Terminal to enable top-notch integration experiences through our SDKs, get involved in driving new card reader hardware programs, and build enterprise scale fleet management programs. You’ll also work with our partner teams, both engineering and business, internal and external to the company, to enable our product and infrastructure to scale to match the rest of Stripe’s global footprint.
We are looking for a Technical Program Manager who has led large, elaborate products spanning hardware and software. This is someone who has experience coordinating complex relationships, engineering requirements, and business goals, across the industry and business units to drive execution towards the strategy of the product. The ideal candidate is someone who enjoys critical thinking and problem solving, can successfully partner with a wide variety of stakeholders and inspire confidence, and is willing to dive deep and build expertise in complex business domains.
Qualifications for a strong candidate
- 8+ years of software engineering, systems engineering or technical product/program management experience
- You are not satisfied with just delivering a program on time—you are discerning about product/infrastructure architecture and obsessed with quality, reliability & correctness
- You have a track record of providing program management during all phases of software development from kick-off to ship, demonstrating critical thinking and thought leadership
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills, building strong relationships with stakeholders and teams around the organization
- You can drive internal and external process improvements across multiple teams and functions
- Experience operating autonomously and leading large-scale efforts across multiple teams and functions, with stakeholders in different disciplines across time zones
- Analytical and problem-solving experience with large-scale platforms, infrastructure and organizations
- Experience leading initiatives with a global footprint having built APIs, products, and complex systems/infrastructure at scale
What’s it like to work at Stripe?
Stripe is helping the internet fulfill its potential as a platform for economic progress by building software tools that accelerate global economic access and technological development. Stripe makes it easy to start, run and scale an internet business from anywhere in the world.
We look at Stripe as a constant work in progress and the same is true of our people; for all of us, we believe the best is yet to come. We’re here to support each other in our curiosity and creativity – which we pursue through thoughtful discussion and knowledge-sharing among a diverse set of peers and colleagues.
We want to work in a company of warm, inclusive people who treat their colleagues exceptionally well. The kind of people who are committed to going out of their way to help other Stripes in the short-term and pushing them to improve over the long-term (by helping them to get better at what they do).
We’re a highly cross-functional organization and view that as part of the fun: we design our space to encourage as much collaboration as possible. We have long tables in the kitchen for a reason (to enable everyone to meet new people and learn from them). We also have a culture of transparency that we carry through to email communication, ensuring that Stripes all around the world have the information they need to make good local decisions.
In both our products and our people, we aim to reflect, represent and advocate for all of our users, globally. Our users transcend geography, culture and language; what we share, collectively, is a drive to create a fairer, more economically interconnected world.
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.