- Write clear, concise, and human documentation for Square’s external developer audience.
- Develop code samples and interactive tutorials to help developers get up to speed quickly.
- Democratize the documentation process across the Developer Platform.
- Work with product managers, developer evangelists, designers, and marketing to shape the entirety of the Square developer experience, including community development and developer outreach.
- Work with our product teams, engineering teams, and partner developers in the design and delivery of Square’s global developer platform.
- Contribute occasionally to internal documentation projects.
- Comfortable working in an unstructured writing environment with evolving processes and homegrown systems.
- Comfortable handling multiple projects and self prioritization of ad hoc requests.
- 7+ years of experience working directly with engineers, product managers, and other partners to help document (and define) new developer products and features.
- Experience writing all common forms of developer documentation (API reference, conceptual guides, and tutorials).
- Experience writing Markdown and HTML by hand.
- Experience working with teams and applications in at least one of the following: Go, Java, or Ruby.
- Experience writing code examples in pseudocode and at least one of the following: PHP, Ruby, .NET, Python, Java, or Swift/Objective-C — and the desire to gain experience with more.
- Comfortable navigating and reading source code in multiple languages.
- Comfortable working with the Linux command line in a Macintosh environment.
- Familiarity with version control systems.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Please let Square know you found this job on Himalayas. This will help us grow!
About this role
August 18th, 2021
Job posted on
February 8th, 2021
Square is hiring for this role in the following timezones:
About the companySquare builds common business tools in unconventional ways so more people can start, run, and grow their businesses. When Square started, it was difficult and expensive (or just plain impossible) for s...
We'll keep you updated when the best new remote jobs pop up.