- Manage the 8-strong iOS engineering team.
- Have regular 1:1s with the iOS team and perform annual performance reviews.
- Maintain our happy and healthy culture, and advocate for your engineers across the company.
- Act as the hiring manager for the iOS team, screening resumes, performing interviews and growing the team with the best talent the world has to offer.
- Monitor the stability of the iOS app via internal dashboards and external stability tracking tools.
- Enforce our release train model of shipping to production every two weeks.
- Ensure that the team’s continuous integration platform (Fastlane & Github Actions) is dependable, trustworthy, and green.
- Triage Jira tickets as they are filed. Ensure the important work gets done and that the engineers’ workloads are perfectly balanced.
- Have a sense of a management style that works for you, but be flexible to adapt to the needs and style of your team.
- Ensure your team’s codebase, tooling & dependencies are up to date.
- Demonstrated progression in technical capability.
- Demonstrated experience directly managing 4 or more engineers.
- Demonstrated ability to recruit and manage technical teams, including performance management.
- Strong computer science fundamentals, ideally from a computer science degree.
- Experience managing iOS engineers building native apps.
- Engineering experience building iOS apps.
Benefits & Perks of Life at Scribd
• Health & Welfare Benefits: Scribd pays 100% of employee’s Medical, Vision, and Dental premiums and 70% of dependents.
Please let Scribd know you found this job on Himalayas. This will help us grow!
About this role
May 15th, 2021
Job posted on
December 23rd, 2020
Scribd is hiring for this role in the following timezones:
About the companyWe believe reading is more important than ever. Join our cast of unique characters as we build the world’s largest and most fascinating digital library: giving subscribers access to a growing collectio...
We'll keep you updated when the best new remote jobs pop up.