In a given day you might:
- Act as a technical liaison between the Security department and our product, engineering, support, and operations staff.
- Create documentation and processes in English to help satisfy compliance requirements and/or internal process questions.
- Evaluate, deploy, and create systems and tools that will enhance our efficiency.
- Support our data protection officer and compliance team with information requests, pen testing coordinations, internal and external vulnerability scanning, disaster recovery, and related activities.
- Execute our security incident management process.
- Ensure all systems and services in our environment are securely designed, configured, managed, and monitored.
- Work with external auditors to answer questions on PCI and SOC 2.
- Participate in an on-call rotation, the majority of which is during normal working hours.
- Experience with Linux (preferably Debian-based)
- Experience implementing PCI, SOC 2 , or related
- Operate largely independently (go take that hill) with management support
- Able to juggle several requests at the same time
- Experience securing cloud services (AWS in particular)
- Sysadmin experience
- Experience with git-based workflows
- Proficient in Python or Golang
- Experience with containerization technologies (LXC/LXD, Docker)
- Working knowledge of
- Patch and Vulnerability Management process
- Principle of Least Privilege
- Incident response
- Identity and Access Management
- Encryption: TLS, SSH, Disk, etc.
- Ticketed change control
- Snapshot-based backups
- CISSP, CISM, Security+, GCED, GICSP, GCIH, SSCP, or CASP+ Certification or similar
- Excellent written English skills
- AWS, Google, and/or Azure certifications
- Experience with performing vendor security reviews
- Experience with Puppet
- Knowledge of Magento Ecommerce, Symfony, Drupal, eZ Platform, or Typo3
- Relational database skills
- Public speaking experience
- Ability to speak French or German
- Ability to kick ass in Chess or beat Zork without using a map
- Can bravely take on new challenges like a Gryffindor, analyze problems like Ravenclaw, protects our infrastructure and client data like a Slytherin, and talks with clients like a Hufflepuff.
Sound Like a Good Fit? We’d love to talk to you!
* This is a remote job
Platform.sh is an idea-to-cloud application platform that simplifies cloud infrastructures.
Please let Platform.sh know you found this job on Himalayas. This will help us grow!
About this role
August 18th, 2021
Job posted on
March 17th, 2021
Platform.sh is hiring for this role in the following timezones:
About the companyPlatform.sh is a second generation, container based, Platform-as-a-Service It provides a new approach to cloud hosting that removes the need for devops, while developing or running web applications...
We'll keep you updated when the best new remote jobs pop up.