About The Role:
- We are looking for an individual who has the passion, grit, work ethic and determination for making our customers successful.
- Technical Support Engineers at PingCAP work at the intersection of our client services and engineering teams to drive customer success by helping them identify, then resolve, their critical business issues.
Work life at PingCAP:
- You will join a team of highly skilled engineers who are responsible for delivering PingCAP's support services. Our Technical Support Engineers are active listeners who demonstrate empathy when customers encounter product issues. In our fun and collaborative environment, Technical Support Engineers develop strong business, interpersonal, and technical skills to deliver high-quality service to our valued customers.
On your first day, we’ll want you to show up with:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field, Master’s degree is a plus
- Experience in technical support of databases (MySQL, Postgres, Oracle, MongoDB, etc) and/or big data systems (Kafka, Spark, Hadoop, HBase, Cassandra, Elasticsearch, etc)
- Experience with Docker & Kubernetes
- Established troubleshooting skills
- 4+ years of experience with at least one of the following cloud platforms: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- A strong desire to increase your product and technology skillset; increase- your confidence supporting our products so you can help our customers succeed
- Excellent verbal and written technical communication skills
In this position you will…
- Provide Support Services to our customers using our flagship TiDB, the ecosystem tools and TiDB Cloud platform
- Troubleshoot the deployment, upgrades and maintenance of the TiDB cluster both in our customer’s private and cloud environments
- Triage, diagnose and escalate customer inquiries when applicable during their engineering and operations efforts
- Collaborate and share solutions with both customers and PingCAPers
- Study and understand critical system components and large cluster operations
- Participate in occasional weekend on-call roster for critical support needs
- Continuously build strong relationships with our customers by delivering exemplary support and timely resolutions to issues impacting their business
In this position, you should have…
- A strong desire and aptitude to become a well-rounded support professional. PingCAP Support considers the service we deliver to be just as important as our core products
- A positive attitude towards feedback and continual improvement
- A willingness to give direct feedback to, and partner with, management to improve team operations
- A tenacity to bring calm and order to the often stressful situations during customer emergencies
- A mental capability to multi-task across many customer situations simultaneously
- Experience with web server, distributed system, load balancing and system monitoring
What sets you apart…
- Prior enterprise support experience in a technical environment strongly preferred
- Experience with a highly-scalable, distributed, multi-node environment (10+ nodes)
- Experience working with code and script languages (Bash, PowerShell, Python, Golang, Rust)
- Working knowledge of application, server, and network security management concepts
- Familiarity with virtual machine technologies
- Knowledge of/experience with automated operations using Puppet, Ansible or SaltStack
- Experience in operating MySQL, Cassandra, Postgres and other transactional databases in a production environment is a strong plus
- Certification on any of the leading Cloud providers (AWS, Azure, GCP,) Docker and/or Kubernetes is a strong plus
- Be hands on in fixing issues seen by PingCAP customers and contributing fixes back to the open source community
What you will gain...
- Opportunity to build and shape a powerful, industry-changing database product from the get-go
- Working with a global team of passionate (and compassionate) developers, hackers, and open-source fanatics
- Competitive Salary
- Meaningful equity in a fast-growing enterprise startup
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- 401k retirement plan
- Flexible paid time off
- Daily in-office catered lunch, snacks and drinks
- Commuter benefits
- Gym reimbursement
- Employee referral bonus program
- And last but definitely not least, awesome, supportive coworkers with a great sense of humor!
The right person in this role has an opportunity to make a huge impact at PingCAP and add value to our future decisions. If this position has piqued your interest and you have what we described - we urge you apply! An adventure in the future of data awaits.
Please let PingCAP know you found this job on Himalayas. This will help us grow!
About this role
August 16th, 2021
Job posted on
February 24th, 2021
About the companyPingCAP is dedicated to building an open source distributed Hybrid Transactional/Analytical Processing (HTAP) database. The flagship product, TiDB, features infinite horizontal scalability, strong cons...
We'll keep you updated when the best new remote jobs pop up.