About the job:
Nurx is looking for experienced Staff Software Engineers to join our growing engineering team. As a staff-level member of the team, you will be responsible for designing and implementing complex solutions that impact both our Ember web app and API framework. You will also be expected to be a role model on coding standards, design, and other developer best practices for the Nurx Engineering teams.
What You'll do:
- Architect, implement, and recommend new software component designs or enhancements to existing software products.
- You will work closely with product, design, data, and your engineering teammates to build, test and rapidly iterate on the platform and tools at the heart of our business.
- Quality and high standards really matter to us - you will focus on continually applying high coding standards, excellent attention to detail and a methodological work process.
- Demonstrate proper coding techniques including maintainability, reuse, clean code, unit testing and driving standards within the team.
- Ensure performance scalability, availability and security in everything you do.
- Coach and help teammates through code reviews and white-boarding sessions.
- Engage in the business goals as well as the technology.
- Strong advocacy for technical standards and quality across Nurx.
A bit about you:
- 7+ years experience working for a tech-focused company.
- BS in Computer Science, Math, or equivalent work experience. Experience writing good software is a suitable replacement for a technical degree.
- Strong architecture and system design skills.
- Writes readable, maintainable, testable, and performant code.
- Passion for software development processes and engineering culture.
- Can evaluate tradeoffs between implementation time, maintainability, and impact.
- You are someone that challenges the norm and isn’t afraid to voice their opinion.
- Comfortable designing and communicating technical design choices to a non-technical audience.
We get excited about candidates who:
- Have strong leadership experience: Leading meetings, presenting, technical go to person, and cross-functional leader.
- Prior Tech Lead experience.
We know there’s no such thing as a “perfect” candidate - we’re all a work in progress and are growing new skills and capabilities all the time. Nurx welcomes those who are enthusiastic about learning and evolving, so however you identify and whatever your background, if this looks like a role where you could do work that excites you, we hope you’ll apply.
- Talented and collaborative team who will both support and challenge you.
- Market competitive salary and equity.
- Medical, dental, commuter, wellness, and engineering technology benefits.
- 401(k) retirement plan.
- Paid holiday, vacation, and sick leave.
- Take what you need vacation (and we really mean it!).
This position is full-time and based in San Francisco, or can be remote.
Please let Nurx know you found this job on Himalayas. This will help us grow!
About this role
May 1st, 2021
Job posted on
January 19th, 2021
Nurx is hiring for this role in the following timezones:
About the companyOur service makes it easy for anyone to get medication quickly, discreetly, and affordably At Nurx, we’re creating a future where healthcare is easily accessible and affordable for everyone. We empo...
We'll keep you updated when the best new remote jobs pop up.