- Solid Linux knowledge: setting up replicable environments, firewalls and secure user accesses
- Experience with server provisioning scripts, e.g. Chef, Ansible, ..
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Ability to implement failovers, load balancing and taking care of site reliability for a fleet of servers and services,
- Solid understanding of the network stack and TCP/IP protocol,
- Solid knowledge of relational databases, especially PostgreSQL,
- Fluent English, clear and effective daily communication with the team,
- Obsessive documenting of solutions in a clear and concise language,
- Experience implementing back-end web applications, preferably in Ruby.
Nice to have:
- Experience with back-end web development (preferably in Elixir, Ruby on Rails, Go, C),
- Experience with Serverless and Lambda,
- Experience with message queues and streaming platforms, such as Kafka,
- Experience with high volume processing, data pipelines and MapReduce patterns.
What is it going to look like:
- Working in a progressive-oriented small distributed team of highly skilled developers,
- Flexible working hours - choose your own schedule,
- Daily communication and updates in Slack,
- Two weekly conference calls for updates and planning,
- Performing planned work using Kanban methodology,
- Maintaining existing systems using technologies like Linux, PostgreSQL, Redis, Ansible, AWS (S3, EC2, CloudFront,…), Ruby on Rails, Go,
- Working on a major ongoing architecture overhaul that affects statistics aggregation part, transitioning from uncached relational DB querying to a scalable streaming architecture using Kafka and ClickHouse.
To apply, please provide us with your recent CV and at least with some of the following:
- Contributions to open source,
- Cool projects that you created and are proud of that you can walk us through,
- A decent portfolio of experiments or other material that shows a significant level of caring about your craft.
Please let Nightwatch know you found this job on Himalayas. This will help us grow!
About this role
May 15th, 2021
Job posted on
October 1st, 2020
About the companyBecome a part of a diverse and progressive team creating next-generation tools for internet professionals Our Culture EXCEPTIONAL WORK: We strive for excellence in details as much as possible. MAXI...
We'll keep you updated when the best new remote jobs pop up.