Why we're looking for someone like you:
You'll be responsible for:
- User research. The Newfront platform is the operational backbone of our business. You’ll be responsible for extracting insights from our users, identifying gaps and opportunities in their user experience, and designing solutions.
- Collaborating with product managers and engineers to prioritize, plan, and execute. You will work with Product Managers to conduct research and solidify project briefs, create mocks and prototypes, and work with engineering to clarify requirements and solve for technical constraints.
- Building and maintaining the Newfront design system. Ability to work within an existing design system and creating new elements when needed.
- Designing across milestones. Each product area has a roadmap that you are constantly keeping in mind and helping to validate. When you create designs for a milestone, you're used to looking ahead to make sure that your design direction will support future roadmap items.
You'll be a great fit if you have:
- Experience. 2-4 years of experience as an individual contributor on an in-house Product Design team.
- Portfolio. Showcase of web (native optional) projects that highlights your approach to problem solving, as well as the solutions themselves. Case studies should demonstrate your skills in research, user experience, visual design, and interaction design.
- Communication: Excellent communication and storytelling skills, in writing and in speaking. Ability to explain to crossfunctional peers your role and how best to work with design.
- Teamwork: Experience partnering with Product and Engineering to deliver well-crafted product features.
Nice to haves:
- Prototyping and/or coding: Understanding of front-end frameworks like Angular and React. Front-end development skills are a plus.
- Relevant domain spaces: prior experience fintech, insurance, workflow, and/or productivity products.
- Competitive compensation
- Stock Options
- 100% employer-covered Medical and Dental
- Unlimited PTO
- 401k Employee Contribution Program
- Quarterly team events
Newfront is an equal opportunity employer — we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please let Newfront Insurance know you found this job on Himalayas. This will help us grow!
About this role
May 29th, 2021
Job posted on
December 31st, 2020
About the companyNewfront is a modern insurance brokerage that leverages technology to vastly simplify the buying process for clients and the selling process for brokers. Our experienced insurance brokers help our clie...
We'll keep you updated when the best new remote jobs pop up.