As a Senior Engineering Manager you will:
- Drive success in a flat organization with minimal process and a heavy emphasis on individual responsibility.
- Support your team by helping them understand priorities and enabling them to ignore distractions and non-productive influences
- Be an exemplar of Netflix cultureLead a team of high performing engineers who:
- Engineering excellence. You have experience leading in a variety of contexts, during which you’ve built scalable, robust, and fault-tolerant systems. You have a solid knowledge of the whole web stack: front-end, back-end, databases, HTTP protocol, cloud applications, integrations.
- Skilled at architecture: The services we build are highly scalable, robust, and fault-tolerant. Understanding the trade offs involved in building high scale architectures. We are committed to making timely decisions to ensure that our systems can continue to match our growth.
- Mentorship/ Guidance: You have a proven track record of managing a large successful team. You know that the most important part of your job is setting the team up for success. Through mentoring, teaching, and reviewing, you help other engineers make sound architectural decisions, improve their code quality, and get out of their comfort zone.
- Execution: You care tremendously about execution and feature velocity. You hold yourself personally accountable, jumping in and taking ownership of problems that might not even be in your team's scope.
- Hiring know-how. You're a thoughtful interviewer who constantly raises the bar for excellence. You believe that what seems amazing one day becomes the norm the next day, and that each new hire should significantly improve the team.
- Are Detail Oriented: You value data accuracy and also understand the nuances of the projects in flight.
- Experience working in any studios
- Built studio productions facing tools
- Experience with AWS
Please let Netflix know you found this job on Himalayas. This will help us grow!
About this role
April 20th, 2021
Job posted on
December 3rd, 2020
Netflix is hiring for this role in the following timezones:
About the companyNetflix is the world's leading streaming entertainment service with over 195 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of ...
We'll keep you updated when the best new remote jobs pop up.