- Oversee the engineering process and progress throughout any given project, making technical decisions and jumping into the code alongside your team as needed
- Lead teams of 2–5 developers on client projects, for typically one project at a time
- Lead client presentations and conversations about your team’s work
- Work with Producers, Client Partners, and Design Leads to scope project requirements
- Identify and make recommendations to clients when a project needs to take a different direction
- Coach and mentor other members of the Engineering team
- Foster an open, collaborative, and inclusive environment Drive towards and advocate for MetaLab’s quality bar in everything you do
- Help grow the Engineering team by participating in hiring interviews and code reviews and making suggestions for process improvements
- Identify the department’s opportunities for growth and help develop initiatives
- Assign appropriate tasks for each developer and anticipate your team’s needs while proactively removing roadblocks Responsible for the project team’s milestone deliverables and timelines
- Onboard both client and MetaLab engineers onto projects and effectively coordinate project handoffs
The Must-have Shortlist
- You have 5+ years of engineering experience with 1+ years in a lead role, ideally at a digital product agency or consultancy
- You have experience with Front End production applications ideally using React/Redux with ES6+You have experience with Back End production applications using JSON REST API methodology and ideally one of these languages: Rails, Node, Java, Go, Python
- You can design strong technical solutions that internal and client teams understand and want to work on
- You've architected an application and can understand how business trade offs impact technical choices, and vice versa
- You can communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences and are comfortable leading presentations of work frequently
- You take just as much pride in helping others find solutions as you do in coming up with your own
- You’re comfortable with ambiguity and even more comfortable asking the kinds of questions that lead to clarity
- You’re adaptable and quick to embrace unexpected changes in direction
- You appreciate design and are able to protect its integrity without compromising fidelity or feasibility
- You’re motivated by feedback and by the opportunity to improve in your role, in the work, and in how you work together as a team
Equal opportunity employer
Research shows that women and other marginalized groups tend to only apply for a job when they meet every single criteria. Does this role sound like it was made for you, yet you don’t check every box? Reach out anyways! We’re an equal opportunity employer and are dedicated to fostering an inclusive and diverse environment for employees from all walks of life. We hire based on talent, and we’re proud of our global perspective.
Please let MetaLab know you found this job on Himalayas. This will help us grow!
About this role
August 16th, 2021
Job posted on
March 11th, 2021
MetaLab is hiring for this role in the following timezones:
About the companyWe make interfaces. We're the team behind interfaces that millions of people click, tap, pinch, and zoom every day. You may not have known it at the time, but you’ve probably used something that we des...
We'll keep you updated when the best new remote jobs pop up.